mph VS M.Sc. EPIDEMEOLOGY

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

digitalaize

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,
I went to med school to Germany. I am considering alternative medical options as ECFMG certification didnt land me anywhere! I am exploring epidemiology and MPH options in Australia. I have seen 2 websites which say the following:-
"
Epidemiologist salary in Canada, Australia and United Kingdom
When comparing epidemiologist salaries in Canada, Australia, and UK with the United States only Canada and Australia’s yearly epidemiologist salary was higher Australia being AU one hundred thirty-seven thousand twenty dollars. In Canada the average yearly salary was CAD seventy-four thousand four hundred fifteen dollars. In the UK the epidemiologist salary is based on age groups. If you are in your twenties you can earn thirty-one thousand five hundred fifteen dollars a year. Reach your thirties and you can earn forty-one thousand one hundred seventy-nine dollars a year. When you reach your forties and fifties you will be making forty-eight thousand seven hundred forty-three dollars a year. As you can see, the epidemiologist salary in the UK is near the low end of the pay scale that the United States earns.
"

This is actually very good. Didnt hear anything about MPH. Can someone share his/her opinions?

Much obliged!

Members don't see this ad.

also, how do you become an epidemiologist in Australia? which uni is best ? what are the prospects of jobs, if I do M Sc microbio from Australia?