MPH worth it?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mcatdesire

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Formerly tried to get into medical school and heard about MPH. I was looking at a lot of these programs and none of them seem to have anything pertaining to job placement. Salary outlooks seem to range from 40k-100k. Is it hard to start off with 80k+? I am particularly interested in bio stats or healthcare management only because I excel in math and business courses. Let me know what you guys think.

And how hard is it to get acceptance into one of these programs?

Members don't see this ad.

I've been doing some research and from what I've seen a lot of the starting salaries range from 40k to 50k. It's not really common to start off with 80k unless you have years of experience in the public health field. Please correct me if I'm wrong because I'm interested in public health as well and have been researching for a few months.

I believe the bio stats concentration is profitable, but I'm not sure about the economic outlook for healthcare management. Starting off with 80k seems to be ideal for leadership positions in public health, which requires a Dr. PH most of the time. Sorry I'm not of much help!

Members don't see this ad :)
if you want money in life go mha or health mba and be hospital administration.......public health doesn't pay

^ Yeah that's what I heard as well. If money is a concern then public health isn't the best field to go for unless you actually have a passion for it.

Reactions: 1 user