MPharm to PharmD??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

caligrl97

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,
My friend is studying at Kings College in London for their pharmacy program. She wants to move here to the US in the future. However, the Kings pharmacy program is four years and when I looked up the conversion from MPharm to PharmD to practice here in the states, they are looking for a five year program only, unless prerequisite coursework completed there can count here. My question is, if her degree does not count here, would she have to undertake a PharmD four year program here again, or would she only have to take 1-2 years of coursework in order to be qualified to work here in the US? Can someone please help? What would be the procedure in order to work in the US? Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
This is as thorough an explanation as it gets from a British pharmacist: http://www.pharmaceutical-journal.c...se-as-a-pharmacist-in-the-us/11128041.article

A-levels count toward the five years of pharmacy training. Pre-registration does NOT count. You have to be registered as a pharmacist in the UK.

The hardest part by far will be acquiring the pharmacist internship experience in the U.S. state in which you wish to get licensed.