MPhil coursework AMCAS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ssk2014

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I completed my masters abroad and I have a transcript. I was wondering, do I enter my grades? I know AMCAS does not accept foreign transcripts but there is still a place where I can enter grades. So what do I do?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hi everyone, I completed my MPhil (masters abroad) last year and I have a transcript. I was wondering, do I enter my grades? I know AMCAS does not accept foreign transcripts but there is still a place where I can enter grades. So what do I do?
Don't enter the grades.

On page 50 of the 2017 AMCAS Instruction Manual:

Independent Attendance, Credits Not Transferred

Courses (other than MD coursework) attempted independently at a foreign institution are not required to be listed if credit has not been transferred to a U.S. or Canadian institution, except to meet medical school prerequisites unduplicated by other listed coursework. This category includes coursework taken in a foreign country before formally enrolling in a U.S. or Canadian institution as well as coursework taken independently after enrolling in a U.S. or Canadian institution.

-You are not required to list these courses in your AMCAS application, but you may do so if you would like to make medical schools aware of the courses taken.

-The coursework will not be verified by AMCAS and will not be included in your AMCAS GPAs.

-If you include this coursework on your application:
 Include the foreign institution in Schools Attended and request a transcript exception for this school, choose the reason “Foreign Institution—No Credits transferred.” Do not send foreign transcripts or certificates to AMCAS.
 Provide all required course data except credit hours attempted and grades under the foreign institution.

Reactions: 1 users