MPJE a ridiculous exam

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mikey0008

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone I just took the Michigan mpje most likely it's like all other mpjes, it was Ridiculously hard. That mpje exam made the Naplex exam look like golden state during the nba finals. I studied about 12 days which was plenty of time for the mi law material I used the board material and had the federal law book and during the exam on 60% of the questions I was like why werent these topics listed on your statues that you told me to go off of when studying for the law exam. And seriously 65% of my exams was select that apply and 10% k type the rest multiple choice. Like select all that apply are stupid give 10-20% but over half the exam is going to be select all that apply. I'm depressed and I know I failed I was just guessing most of the time like seriously...share your experience help :(

Members don't see this ad.

I had a very similar experience with the MPJE. I went through my state laws from beginning to end, reviewed the federal book, went through individual acts, took practice quizzes, etc. And when it came time for the exam I would have sworn I answered maybe two questions right. I honestly have no idea where I was supposed to get the information that I needed to be able to answer those questions. I could have studied for years and still not known the answers. I could have had the state and federal laws printed out and sitting in front of me and still not known the answers. I also had tons of "check all that apply" questions, and then when I did get a multiple choice question, many of the provided answers didn't even make sense. I thought I was losing my ability to read and comprehend English. I was 99.9999% sure I failed.

But I passed. Not even close to failing. Most people pass. Try not to worry. And just know that if you do fail (statistically unlikely), it doesn't mean you're stupid. It's a ridiculous exam.

Reactions: 1 user
Hi everyone I just took the Michigan mpje most likely it's like all other mpjes, it was Ridiculously hard. That mpje exam made the Naplex exam look like golden state during the nba finals. I studied about 12 days which was plenty of time for the mi law material I used the board material and had the federal law book and during the exam on 60% of the questions I was like why werent these topics listed on your statues that you told me to go off of when studying for the law exam. And seriously 65% of my exams was select that apply and 10% k type the rest multiple choice. Like select all that apply are stupid give 10-20% but over half the exam is going to be select all that apply. I'm depressed and I know I failed I was just guessing most of the time like seriously...share your experience help :(

Can you give any tips on what to study for the MI MPJE? Im scheduled to take it very soon. Im using the MPA book and the powerpoint slide deck by Jesse Vivian

My tip for you is there's really no solid say to prepare for such an exam. Be prepared to be depressed but I guess everyone feels that way after the mpje.

Members don't see this ad :)
My tip for you is there's really no solid say to prepare for such an exam. Be prepared to be depressed but I guess everyone feels that way after the mpje.

You were spot on about the depression. I honestly knew about 10 questions out of the 90. Im certain I failed :(

Can you please give me some guidance on mich mpje? I am taking it in 2 weeks. Please help me out if possible

I took the exam this week as well. It looks like nabp sent over my scores to mi board a couple days ago.. Has anyone gotten their results yet?

I took the exam this week as well. It looks like nabp sent over my scores to mi board a couple days ago.. Has anyone gotten their results yet?
What did you think about the exam? I am taking in couple weeks. Please let me know what material you studied and your exam experience..

I had a very similar experience with the MPJE. I went through my state laws from beginning to end, reviewed the federal book, went through individual acts, took practice quizzes, etc. And when it came time for the exam I would have sworn I answered maybe two questions right. I honestly have no idea where I was supposed to get the information that I needed to be able to answer those questions. I could have studied for years and still not known the answers. I could have had the state and federal laws printed out and sitting in front of me and still not known the answers. I also had tons of "check all that apply" questions, and then when I did get a multiple choice question, many of the provided answers didn't even make sense. I thought I was losing my ability to read and comprehend English. I was 99.9999% sure I failed.

But I passed. Not even close to failing. Most people pass. Try not to worry. And just know that if you do fail (statistically unlikely), it doesn't mean you're stupid. It's a ridiculous exam.

When you were "going through" the state laws, were you just reading them casually or were you committing every single word of what they had on the website to memory? I'm very confused how we are expected to memorize every detail and every word of every single state law ever passed just by reading through the law statutes only once (?!) but it seems like people who passed the MPJE have done it, could you please tell me how you did it?

Last edited:

When you were going through the board material for the state laws, were you just reading them casually or were you committing every single word of what they had on the website to memory? I'm very confused how we are expected to memorize every detail and every word of every single state law ever passed just by reading through the law statutes only once (?!) but it seems like people who passed the MPJE have done it, could you please tell me how you did it?