MPJE

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

newway2015

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello All,

I am going to be taking the MPJE next week am in Texas. I heard this test is tricky? If anyone has any tips as far as to what materials you used and how you felt during the test……was it like the NAPLEX where you feel scared and kind of like you failed?

Anyway I am studying a lot and am praying I pass!!!!! I heard more people are failing the MPJE vs. NAPLEX.

Thank you and God bless

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Hello All,

I am going to be taking the MPJE next week am in Texas. I heard this test is tricky? If anyone has any tips as far as to what materials you used and how you felt during the test……was it like the NAPLEX where you feel scared and kind of like you failed?

Anyway I am studying a lot and am praying I pass!!!!! I heard more people are failing the MPJE vs. NAPLEX.

Thank you and God bless

Nah, it felt much scarier. With the NAPLEX, I got about average score, but I knew I was doing pretty well when I started getting really hard questions either I didn't learn in school, was a tiny and obscure detail, or pharmacists just wouldn't generally know. MPJE was all over the place. I got an 80. My friend was a pharmacist out-of-state for a couple of years before studying our professor's federal notes plus a Texas MPJE practice exam with explained answers. We both thought we straight up failed coming out of it. My only tip, if you want to feel confident about the exam, is to know every aspect of the law, back and forth. Cacciatore's book might be good. I only saw pieces of it from a supplement pdf I found online. I read through the actual law book, got the e-book from LexisNexis. It's very, very repetitive and long and boring, but I read through it once and tried to skip through the parts that should have just said, "same as other classes of pharmacy." I also read my professor's old federal notes that didn't help at all. Everything he told us would be stressed on the exam was not on the exam... So really, all my knowledge came from rotations, my time working as a technician in undergrad, and the law ebook.

I think it was so scary because we need a 75 out of 100 points to pass. This sounds much harder than the 75 out of 150 for the NAPLEX, but it might be scaled in such a way to give similar results. But yeah, when you study, really go over everything and try to remember as much as possible. Texas MPJE doesn't mess around. They will test you over every little bit of the law, very often multiple concepts in one question in such a way where if you don't know or are unsure of one part, you'll get it all wrong.

Nah, it felt much scarier. With the NAPLEX, I got about average score, but I knew I was doing pretty well when I started getting really hard questions either I didn't learn in school, was a tiny and obscure detail, or pharmacists just wouldn't generally know. MPJE was all over the place. I got an 80. My friend was a pharmacist out-of-state for a couple of years before studying our professor's federal notes plus a Texas MPJE practice exam with explained answers. We both thought we straight up failed coming out of it. My only tip, if you want to feel confident about the exam, is to know every aspect of the law, back and forth. Cacciatore's book might be good. I only saw pieces of it from a supplement pdf I found online. I read through the actual law book, got the e-book from LexisNexis. It's very, very repetitive and long and boring, but I read through it once and tried to skip through the parts that should have just said, "same as other classes of pharmacy." I also read my professor's old federal notes that didn't help at all. Everything he told us would be stressed on the exam was not on the exam... So really, all my knowledge came from rotations, my time working as a technician in undergrad, and the law ebook.

I think it was so scary because we need a 75 out of 100 points to pass. This sounds much harder than the 75 out of 150 for the NAPLEX, but it might be scaled in such a way to give similar results. But yeah, when you study, really go over everything and try to remember as much as possible. Texas MPJE doesn't mess around. They will test you over every little bit of the law, very often multiple concepts in one question in such a way where if you don't know or are unsure of one part, you'll get it all wrong.

Which book is the "actual law book" you were referring to? Is the LexisNexis e-book that blue cover 600-pager? What advice would you give to someone who didn't work retail at all in undergrad when studying for the MPJE? Thanks in advance!

Hello All,

Thank you and God bless[/QU

Hi

Does someone have the PowerPoint slides from Brinkley and cacciatore. I am more than willing to share.
I am also looking for a study partner for the Texas MPJE law exam.

Thanks

Amit 6174129614

Members don't see this ad :)
Dear sir

I am preparing for the Texas MPJE.

I read your post.

Do you have the following item with you -

--- 2015 Texas and Federal Pharmacy Law Symposium by Gary G. Cacciatore and Eli G. Philips (about 100 pages of powerpoint slides ? ?

I would be highly thankful to you if you have this or as a soft copy. I am willing to pay for it.

Thanks

Amit

Dear sir

I read your post.

2015 Texas and Federal Pharmacy Law Symposium by Gary G. Cacciatore and Eli G. Philips (about 100 pages of powerpoint slides ? ?

I would be highly thankful to you if you have this or as a soft copy. I am willing to pay for it.

Thanks

Amit

Dear sir

I read your post.

--- 2015 Texas and Federal Pharmacy Law Symposium by Gary G. Cacciatore and Eli G. Philips (about 100 pages of powerpoint slides ? ?

Thanks

Amit

Dear sir

I read your post.

1) 2015 Texas and Federal Pharmacy Law Symposium by Gary G. Cacciatore and Eli G. Philips (about 100 pages of powerpoint slides ? ?

Thanks

Amit