MSU-COM Class of 2014

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey dancerdo2014
what state are you from if you dont mind me asking? Im oos also (wash), tues and thrus are local law enforcement fingerprinting days lol.

Also, I called into MSU regarding the whole background check/fingerprinting because L1 didnt have sites here, and they told me to wait until I get back to michgian because it needs to be done with that company. She said that alot of people will be finishing their background once we get to school so its not a big deal...so i'm wondering how/why I cant have my police do mine? not that i'm complaining, but its quite conflicting info...

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah I haven't heard anything back from MSU either and I submitted mine awhile ago. I'm anxious to hear their reply too because my doctor gave me the tetanus without pertussis and the recommendation is to wait 5 years between tetanus shots. I got it cleared with someone at MSU that I could wait until we have patient contact to get the other one to try and help avoid complications, but I'm not sure if it will be someone else that looks over my immunizations and then says that I'm not current. So, long story short, I hope they get back to us soon...

I had the same thing happen to me. I talked to the immuno people at MSU and they said that it was OK to get the tetanus with pertussis after receiving the regular tetanus.

I had the same thing happen to me. I talked to the immuno people at MSU and they said that it was OK to get the tetanus with pertussis after receiving the regular tetanus.
Yeah, they told me that too, however they did say to wait as long as possible to avoid minor complications like increased soreness, cellulitis, and mild fever. Have you gotten the second shot yet, and if so, how long after your first?

Yeah, they told me that too, however they did say to wait as long as possible to avoid minor complications like increased soreness, cellulitis, and mild fever. Have you gotten the second shot yet, and if so, how long after your first?

I got my second shot 1 week after I received the first. I did not have any complications. They did give me the shot in the other arm so that might have prevented the cellulitis and soreness.

I talked to someone from MSUCOM and they told me that I would be non-compliant if I did not get the TDap before the start of anatomy. I was going to wait and get the TDap before clinicals which was the advice that the MSU Immuno people gave me. If you are non-compliant for your immunizations, you are not allowed to "participate." I took "not participating" as your not allowed to participate in class but I could have misunderstood.

I talked to someone from MSUCOM and they told me that I would be non-compliant if I did not get the TDap before the start of anatomy. I was going to wait and get the TDap before clinicals which was the advice that the MSU Immuno people gave me. If you are non-compliant for your immunizations, you are not allowed to "participate." I took "not participating" as your not allowed to participate in class but I could have misunderstood.
Thanks for the heads up, I'll get in touch with someone today!

You can't participate in electives that involve patient contact (shadowing, clinics, health fairs, omm clinic, etc) if you are non-compliant

Does anyone know if the refund status changes in stuinfo? I understand the refund is released anywhere within 10 days prior to classes starting. I would have thought that there would have been something other than "you have no refunds to display."

Does anyone know if the refund status changes in stuinfo? I understand the refund is released anywhere within 10 days prior to classes starting. I would have thought that there would have been something other than "you have no refunds to display."

It won't change until the day before they deposit the money in your account, then there will be an entry of whatever amount your refund is there. On the morning they deposit the money, you get an email from financial aid saying that the deposit went through

It won't change until the day before they deposit the money in your account, then there will be an entry of whatever amount your refund is there. On the morning they deposit the money, you get an email from financial aid saying that the deposit went through

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)

I definitely need this. I'm going broke. I gotta pay rent & security deposit.

I definitely need this. I'm going broke. I gotta pay rent & security deposit.

You are telling me! I had to convince my employer to give me an advance on my last paycheck to cover rent, security, and pet security. Totally broke right now!

Hey dancerdo2014
what state are you from if you dont mind me asking? Im oos also (wash), tues and thrus are local law enforcement fingerprinting days lol.

Also, I called into MSU regarding the whole background check/fingerprinting because L1 didnt have sites here, and they told me to wait until I get back to michgian because it needs to be done with that company. She said that alot of people will be finishing their background once we get to school so its not a big deal...so i'm wondering how/why I cant have my police do mine? not that i'm complaining, but its quite conflicting info...

Oh wow, I didn't call...I guess you should wait. That is annoying that the L1 company is saying one thing and the school is saying another...it doesn't sound like it will be a big deal if you wait though. I'm from Maryland actually haha.

Random, but- I officially deferred for a year today due to health reasons. :( It was an incredibly hard decision- I really wish I could be part of our class. BUT I fully expect all of you to help me out next year when I'm the newbie and yall know everything about MS1!! I'm in touch with a few of you on facebook and I'll update on SDN too...I hope you guys have a great orientation and summer of anatomy! GOOD LUCK!!

Oh wow, I didn't call...I guess you should wait. That is annoying that the L1 company is saying one thing and the school is saying another...it doesn't sound like it will be a big deal if you wait though. I'm from Maryland actually haha.

Random, but- I officially deferred for a year today due to health reasons. :( It was an incredibly hard decision- I really wish I could be part of our class. BUT I fully expect all of you to help me out next year when I'm the newbie and yall know everything about MS1!! I'm in touch with a few of you on facebook and I'll update on SDN too...I hope you guys have a great orientation and summer of anatomy! GOOD LUCK!!

Hey Dancing...good luck with everything and hope you have a quick recovery. We'll def see you again next year and tell you what craziness you can expect your first year after we go through it.

anyways dont be a stranger!

I might have to come visit you guys once im all better....you can introduce me to the cadavers

Any words on Refunds? Anyone got it? Stuinfo still says "you have no current refund activity"

Any words on Refunds? Anyone got it? Stuinfo still says "you have no current refund activity"
Nothing for me yet. But even better than refunds....IZZO'S STAYING!!! GO GREEN!
P.S. I hope all of the out-of-towners will soon share our enthusiasm for coach Izzo :)

Nothing for me yet. But even better than refunds....IZZO'S STAYING!!! GO GREEN!
P.S. I hope all of the out-of-towners will soon share our enthusiasm for coach Izzo :)

+1 to that!

GO WHITE!

does anyone know if spots for East Lansing are still open?

does anyone know if spots for East Lansing are still open?

I do not know for sure if they are any open. However, I have a friend in the program and he told me that spots in E. Lansing were filling up fast (January). I am sure you can just call admissions and ask.

Hey medshopeful,

I'm from New York. When you pay for the fingerprints there is a list of states that are affiliated with the company. If your state is not on the list, you have to wait until you get to Michigan. You can make an appointment online. I had to wait until I arrived in Michigan. It's fast and they send your prints directly to the school.

Does anybody want to switch with me- i'm at the dmc campus and looking for anyone situated on the east lansing campus. thank you so much- if you pm me i'll respond immediately. I already have great housing deals set up in detroit that i can assist you with.

Hey everyone,

I know that we're supposed to dress up for the pictures on orientation; I was planning on wearing a suit/tie but was wondering what everyone else's plans were in that regard. And what about for the rest of the orientation - were you planning on being dressed up for entire weekend? Or just wear dress casual for most of it, and then dress up for the pictures? Thanks.

Hey everyone,

I know that we're supposed to dress up for the pictures on orientation; I was planning on wearing a suit/tie but was wondering what everyone else's plans were in that regard. And what about for the rest of the orientation - were you planning on being dressed up for entire weekend? Or just wear dress casual for most of it, and then dress up for the pictures? Thanks.

Wow! I was just about to ask the same thing. I am thinking of wearing just a shirt and tie definitely for Friday, because it says so for the white coat ceremony. For Thursday I was thinking of also wearing a shirt and tie but I guess I may wear the suit coat too or at least carry it with me for the pictures.

Wow! I was just about to ask the same thing. I am thinking of wearing just a shirt and tie definitely for Friday, because it says so for the white coat ceremony. For Thursday I was thinking of also wearing a shirt and tie but I guess I may wear the suit coat too or at least carry it with me for the pictures.

I was going to wear jeans for all of it and then change before pictures and the white coat. The schedule for Friday says "get ready for white coat ceremony" from 10:45 to 12:15. I was assuming this was so you could change and get all ready. For the people getting pictures on Thursday I think you'll have plenty of time to change since it says you take care of misc. stuff from 2:30-5:30. I think it would be really uncomfortable to be dressed up all day.

I was going to wear jeans for all of it and then change before pictures and the white coat. The schedule for Friday says "get ready for white coat ceremony" from 10:45 to 12:15. I was assuming this was so you could change and get all ready. For the people getting pictures on Thursday I think you'll have plenty of time to change since it says you take care of misc. stuff from 2:30-5:30. I think it would be really uncomfortable to be dressed up all day.
Perfect! That's what I was hoping to hear. I definitely didn't want to be dressed up all weekend - especially since I think it's supposed to be pretty warm next weekend.

Get Ready to wait for refunds, they come late. Maybe by this friday or next monday! It sucks, I know I waited for you. Especially if you are OOS or not a MSUFCU member.

Get Ready to wait for refunds, they come late. Maybe by this friday or next monday! It sucks, I know I waited for you. Especially if you are OOS or not a MSUFCU member.
Hey, on my MSU account I have a refund of $450 issued 6/17, but it hasn't been deposited into my MSUFCU account yet.

anyone want to form study groups for EL site?

PM me

Man I got no PM's

this MSUCOM 2014 class must be filled with gunners :banana:

I was going to also wear a suit and tie. (well, black pants with a nice shirt) However, just khaki's and perhaps a long sleeve business-casual shirt for the rest of the orientation.

Hi all :)

Just wondering what other girls are planning on wearing on Thurs/Fri?

anyone going to the potluck
i'm not up there yet so it seems kind of a b**** to drive for such a short period, especially with the usa game on before it

Hi all :)

Just wondering what other girls are planning on wearing on Thurs/Fri?
I'm wearing a business suit throughout the entire orientation. Don't feel like changing. 2nd year students said that you can come as you want and change before pictures.

i'm down, im at the dmc campus tho where u at ?

Hey, its kind of hard to ask this in orientation because of the large crowds and lectures so I'll say it here.

Does anybody run here? If not that, tennis or lifting weights, basketball?