MSU or Cook as IM residency for a better chance for Cardiology in the future

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

manchester

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
Currently applying for IM and finalizing my ROL. I want to do Cardiology in the future. Wanted to know from your experiences whether doing residency at Cook County or Michigan State Uni - East Lansing would give me a better chance of landing a cardiology fellowship in the future. In-house or at another program.

Members don't see this ad.

Cook had some Arabic Syrian cardiology mafia in the form of khadra brothers, who will take only their countrymen into fellowship. Russel Kelly is a puppet. It is a disaster of a cardiology program and even a worse residency, don't go there. My friends at MSU got better placement.

DO NOT GO TO COOK COUNTY- it used to be a malignant IM Legend, it is a nepotistic disaster now.

Oh. Thank you for your input. I thought the reputation of the program would help. I know it has a reputation of being malignant but I also thought the residents who graduate from there are respected at other places.