MSW program Univ of Texas Austin deadline passed- should I still apply?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ShortButSweet

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have been extremely back and forth between applying to Applied Behavior Analysis programs and to MSW programs. I had began doing applications only to ABA programs about a month ago based on bad things I had heard about MSW programs, but after this time, I realized that I would regret it if I didn't at least apply to MSW programs and take the time over the next few months to further explore my options with people who have graduated from either degree program. However, the deadline for one of the applications for an MSW program (University of Texas at Austin) passed on January 15th. Is it worth still applying to the Texas program now, or should I just focus on applying elsewhere? They accept applications after the deadline and review them based on space, but I know that Univ of Texas is a top program. I'm completing my BS in Experimental Psych this May, and have a 3.77 GPA (4.0 psych GPA-lower GPA due to being a nursing student before that and deciding it wasn't for me). My GRE scores: 154 quant, 154 verbal, 4.5 analytical

Members don't see this ad.