MT. Saint Marys PT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dreamer131

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just got my acceptance letter from Mt. Saint Marys in CA. I'm really happy to hear from them, even though they are not my top choice. I was wondering if any CA people or anyone else had any insight into the program at Mt. Saint Marys? Any past/current students? Does anyone know about their graduation and PT exam pass rates? Any info would be helpful! Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Congratulations!
May I ask when you submitted your PTCAS application to MSMC?
It is really early to get notified and I would like to know when.
I have submitted mine on 10/01.

THANKS=)

Members don't see this ad :)
just received my acceptance letter as well. I submitted PTCAS on 10/01/2010

Congrats PT2014. Are you looking into any other schools besides MSMC? I'm from MI so I don't know as much as I should about MSMC's rep.
I submitted my PT app on 9/24, katykat. Goodluck and I hope you hear soon.

THANKS Dreamer 131!
I really appreciate it!
=)

Let me know if you decide to go to MSMC.
I've been to their campus and it is really cute and beautiful!
sorry, that's all I can tell you about the program for now=)

Congrats PT2014 and Dreamer131!! I just got my acceptance from MSMC also and am really excited! I don't know much about the school, other than they have a good reputation and lots of clinical affiliations all around California to do internships at. Good luck with the rest of the schools' letters coming in and maybe see you all at MSMC in August!

Congrats PT2014 and Dreamer131!! I just got my acceptance from MSMC also and am really excited! I don't know much about the school, other than they have a good reputation and lots of clinical affiliations all around California to do internships at. Good luck with the rest of the schools' letters coming in and maybe see you all at MSMC in August!

Lynzirose, do you know anymore about the program? Are you from LA? I went to visit the campus a few months ago (not an official tour, I just walked around). I like how small and intimate the actual campus is. It is filled with huge trees and the buildings are like elaborate cottages, but the area surrounding the campus is kinda trashy. I am going to try to get an official tour and meet some instructors and students soon.

Congratulations on getting in, and good luck. ;)

No I'm not from LA...San Francisco actually. I haven't spent a lot of time in LA so I don't know the area, but I've been reading about the district MSMC Doheny campus is in and it seems alright. But I'm looking forward to seeing more when I tour in December. I'm thinking at this point that unless I get into UCSF I'll probably end up at MSMC. My thoughts are that even if the immediate area is iffy, it's pretty close to downtown LA which would be a fun place to be for a few years.
I don't know a ton about the program at this point because I'm in Costa Rica so I haven't had the chance to read the acceptance packet yet.

Heyy is it weird that I haven't heard from Mt Saint Mary's yet since I submitted my app on 10/11? I think that they don't conduct interviews?

Were there any extra things we had to do? I don't recall anything except them emailing me about going to their info session about their program but I couldn't make it so I'm planning to walk around the campus when I have time since I'm around that area.

I didn't interview at MSMC, but the letter came last week.

Azusa called last night with an acceptance, but their program starts in February.

If you call MSMC they can probably give you some info about the status of your app. They should have mailed you something because in the packet there was a status checklist stating whether you are
-Accepted
-Denied
-Waitlisted

Hey PT 2014! Congrats on Azusa Pacific! When did you interview with them? I am waiting on a decision from them myself.

Hey PT 2014! Congrats on Azusa Pacific! When did you interview with them? I am waiting on a decision from them myself.

I interviewed on November, 24th. I like the looks of this school, but I can't commit to attending when I haven't heard from other schools that I really want to go to. So I'm in a bind, because if I don't get into the schools I want, then I can't turn around and go to Azusa b/c they start in Feb.

ohh man i'm so anxious/nervous because I haven't heard anything at all this school and from any schools in general for interviews yet. hopefully they'll contact me soon at least give me a sign or something.

I'm not too familiar with the specifics of MSMC's program, however they do have a great reputation. I've worked with and have been treated by several PTs who did their work at MSMC, and from my experiences, they were/are excellent PTs, both from knowledge and treatment standpoints. Don't think you could go wrong with choosing their DPT program!