mtb, in too deep

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

markglt

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
can't seem to make the info in this book stick... not to mention the endless errata and shifty layout. seems kinda weak on the pathophys. to boot.

anybody know of a better book?...
some what hesitant to switch now, but if you can't memorize the material whatta ya do?

Members don't see this ad.

can't seem to make the info in this book stick... not to mention the endless errata and shifty layout. seems kinda weak on the pathophys. to boot.

anybody know of a better book?...
some what hesitant to switch now, but if you can't memorize the material whatta ya do?

i have the same problem. i read that book a few times. crush isn't good either. it has too much jam packed info to remember.

i hear that the step 2 ck notes or the 2010 step 3 notes from kaplan are good to go over.

neeraj notes and arletes step 3 notes are also helpful http://www.usmlerockers.net/profiles/blogs/free-usmle-notes

i used fa for step2, u think just FA2ck would be a mistake?
the fa for step 3 is lousy.
what are u gonna use?.

i used fa for step2, u think just FA2ck would be a mistake?
the fa for step 3 is lousy.
what are u gonna use?.

i hear people use first aid and pass...i think if you did well on step 2 you will do well on step 3

this time around im doing kaplan course and read all the kaplan step 3 2010 books. I read through MTB a few times and crush once. i also read arletes and neeraj step 3 qbank notes. currently doing qbank step 3.

before this, i failed it--for that test i did premier review a few times and usmlesteps123 qbank and CCS, UW qbank, and MTB once. it wasn't enough for me to pass. i think the real usmle questions look easy but actually are very tricky. i took the UW and usmlesteps123 self assessment test and they predicted i'd pass, but they were wrong.

I keep taking the NBME test to see how i've improved. supposedly that is the most accurate measure of the actual test.

i really don't know what the best book is. i just keep reading whatever i can hoping it will improve my score. i hear doing questions of any type is your best bet.

Members don't see this ad :)
i have the premier online notes from 2009, was thinking of reading those...
the kaplan step3 notes are beefy, read the medicine book, hate their peds book, obgyn too detailed, surgery solid.
yeah, questions are good, thinking bout getting usmlerx, and doing uw again.
...very frustrating preparing for this exam...:(
and i havent even started my ccs prep:scared:

Not sure bouncin from source to source is a great idea....grant it, MTB has it's errors, but perhaps just try to convince yourself its "the standard" everyone uses to pass......Mark, maybe consider taking the info in MTB & re-wording it into questions (using 3x5's). That'll make it stick :bang: