MTM certified?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tompharm

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I heard from another pharmacist that all pharmacist will have to be MTM certified in the future? Does anyone know where I can get this training in Florida. (I doubt I will ever do the masters MTM at UF).

Members don't see this ad.

This claim sounds dubious at best.

Members don't see this ad :)
MTM is the future. Everyone and their dog should be certified!

Last edited:
I heard 10 years ago that in 10 years all pharmacists will be replaced by robots.

And that future vision didn't even involve MTM.

Um OP, I would worry first about getting into, and then passing pharmacy school. After you are a pharmacist, you can worry about additional certifications. *if* and that's a big if, MTM certification were to be required at some point, then most likely pharmacy schools would put the certification into their regular curriculum (as most do with vaccination certification nowadays.)

Reactions: 1 user
Dream up an activity. Someone else will dream up a certification process for your activity that requires you to pay to participate.

Yeah, now that you mention it, I am offering an unaccredited certification in internet trolling. Unfortunately, I can't promise you that it will help your job prospects in any way, but the certification will almost* certainly up your entertainment and fun prospects for the day.

*individual results may vary.

Reactions: 1 users