Multiple/contrasting/overlapping AP Credit

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

md-2020

The Immaculate Catch
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Interesting question that arose today from an MCAT tutee, interested in hearing SDN thoughts.

Student is non trad, and has been to a large number of universities. At each, she was awarded a different set of course credits from APs. Differences exist in courses granted (I assume due to different ap policies), credits granted (eg 8 for bio vs 4 for bio) and such.

How would this be entered into AMCAS? All distinct credits or perhaps those from UG degree granting institution only? In cases of different credits for the same course, is it just up to applicant to choose what is most beneficial?

Members don't see this ad.

Interesting question that arose today from an MCAT tutee, interested in hearing SDN thoughts.

Student is non trad, and has been to a large number of universities. At each, she was awarded a different set of course credits from APs. Differences exist in courses granted (I assume due to different ap policies), credits granted (eg 8 for bio vs 4 for bio) and such.

How would this be entered into AMCAS? All distinct credits or perhaps those from UG degree granting institution only? In cases of different credits for the same course, is it just up to applicant to choose what is most beneficial?

Well the credits matter for graduation mainly so I think she could put what she got from the university she graduated from. Not 100% sure but that is one possibility. AMCAS can always change it up if they disagree.

This case also affects post bacc course selection. Mainly math/stats/English I believe. Are additional courses necessary if certain uni transcripts granted sufficient AP credit?