Multiple LOR from same person

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jammin06

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ok,
so i'm gonna be applying for some internships this summer and i am deciding on who to write my LOR's. All the internships are medically related. Ideally, I am hoping to get the same people who write my internship recs to write my med school recs. My question is...for anyone who has done this (gotten multiple LOR from same profs), do they just write one generic LOR and then just send it to both, or would they cater each LOR to each individual situation?

Members don't see this ad.

jammin06 said:
Ok,
so i'm gonna be applying for some internships this summer and i am deciding on who to write my LOR's. All the internships are medically related. Ideally, I am hoping to get the same people who write my internship recs to write my med school recs. My question is...for anyone who has done this (gotten multiple LOR from same profs), do they just write one generic LOR and then just send it to both, or would they cater each LOR to each individual situation?

i asked the same folks to do both med school and an NIH internship and i'm sure my letter writers were able to use the bulk of the rec as the same for each, but to tailor them individually as well. i think its important not to have a generic letter, ESPECIALLY for med school

neuropower said:
i asked the same folks to do both med school and an NIH internship and i'm sure my letter writers were able to use the bulk of the rec as the same for each, but to tailor them individually as well. i think its important not to have a generic letter, ESPECIALLY for med school

bump