Multiple MCATs and Low Verbal, Please help What are my Chances

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DreamDO

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello All -

Long time lurker and a first time poster. Please help if I have any chances, I plan to apply for next year's application cycle (2017 matriculant)

I am a non traditional student, below are my stats

First MCAT (2013) - 10PS\9BS\8V
Second MCAT (2013) -10PS\10BS\6V
Third MCAT (2014) - 11PS\10BS\6V

Under grad GPA - 4.0 ( Still need to take advance science classes)

1 year of research experience in engineering, long time back. 1 year of teaching experience.

Not great EC's, worked in corporate world in some leadership roles for past 10 years.

I finished my undergrad from a foreign country. I did masters in Engineering with 3.4 GPA.
Always had a great appreciation for medicine and want to become a doctor from deep within my heart. Not sure my low verbal and multiple MCATS prevent me from becoming one.

I plan to leave my full time job in August, and go back to school full time to finish my advanced biology classes and Orgo II. I have little volunteering experience in my home country, I plan to get an year of volunteering experience (200 hrs) before I can apply next year.

Long story, very nervous to take a chance leaving my job to pursue my dream. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Regards

Members don't see this ad.

Apply broadly and target those schools that superscore the MCAT. In which case, your score would be a 29. Alas, my school averages.
Hello All -

Long time lurker and a first time poster. Please help if I have any chances, I plan to apply for next year's application cycle (2017 matriculant)

I am a non traditional student, below are my stats

First MCAT (2013) - 10PS\9BS\8V
Second MCAT (2013) -10PS\10BS\6V
Third MCAT (2014) - 11PS\10BS\6V

Under grad GPA - 4.0 ( Still need to take advance science classes)

1 year of research experience in engineering, long time back. 1 year of teaching experience.

Not great EC's, worked in corporate world in some leadership roles for past 10 years.

I finished my undergrad from a foreign country. I did masters in Engineering with 3.4 GPA.
Always had a great appreciation for medicine and want to become a doctor from deep within my heart. Not sure my low verbal and multiple MCATS prevent me from becoming one.

I plan to leave my full time job in August, and go back to school full time to finish my advanced biology classes and Orgo II. I have little volunteering experience in my home country, I plan to get an year of volunteering experience (200 hrs) before I can apply next year.

Long story, very nervous to take a chance leaving my job to pursue my dream. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Regards

Thank you so much Goro!!!. Greatly appreciate your advice, I am still researching the schools that I can apply. I will be applying only to DO schools.

I will be focusing on my advanced biology classes, volunteering, and shadowing experience until next year (2016 August) to strengthen my application.

Members don't see this ad :)
Apply broadly and target those schools that superscore the MCAT. In which case, your score would be a 29. Alas, my school averages.
which DO schools superscore the MCAT?