MD Multiple MCATs, Decent GPA, CA resident -- What to do?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

clavicle

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Decided. thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
It's hard to recommend an application this year with those schools for a number of reasons.
Unless you have some evidence that you are committed to service in the IE, UCR is low yield.
GW gets 13K+ aps and your MCAT is the 10th% for them.
Your MCAT is a point better than the 10th% for UCD, but I don't see anything in your self description that identifies you as someone that is likely to be found in that tail of their curve.
I have seen CA applicants accepted to both TCMC and MCW with stats like yours.
In general, CA applicants need to have at least a dozen schools on their list where they stand a fair to good chance at an interview. Your list has maybe 2. If you have a strong reason for wanting to apply this year, I suggest a DO application. If you must have an MD, you would be better served with a stronger application (much higher MCAT) next year.

Last edited by a moderator:
MSAR Online is your friend. I suspectt hat you have plateaued your MCAT perfromance and do not recommend any further retakes.

Western and TUCOM-CA are in your backyard. You're fine for any other DO program.

Also think about low-tier and new MD schools (except Hoftsra and VaTech). A few excamples: TCMC, Tufts, Rush, Rosy Franklin, Albany, NYMC, SLU, VCU, EVMS, and Wake Forest.

So...is it reasonable for me to apply to schools that look at the best score for each section (which would give me a 30)? Or should I retake one more time and apply next year?

If I do apply this year, which schools will toss aside a 29/30 in their initial screenings? My application has already be verified to one school so I would be an "early" applicant. Also, I'm open to applying anywhere in the US![/QUOTE]

MSAR Online is your friend. I suspectt hat you have plateaued your MCAT perfromance and do not recommend any further retakes.

Western and TUCOM-CA are in your backyard. You're fine for any other DO program.

Also think about low-tier and new MD schools (except Hoftsra and VaTech). A few excamples: TCMC, Tufts, Rush, Rosy Franklin, Albany, NYMC, SLU, VCU, EVMS, and Wake Forest.
Thank you! I have the MSAR Online and will look at those schools you mentioned.