MUSC/USC--Palmetto Fellows and Life Scholarship?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

str8flexed

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know that these two scholarships are pertinent to undergraduate study at SC, but do they also apply to medical school at USC/MUSC?

Edit: The MUSC website mentions that LIFE applies to med. school, but what about Palmetto fellows? Are there any other SC scholarships?

Thanks!

Adam

Members don't see this ad.

LIFE only applies for 4 years. And you can't receive it if you have a bachelor's degree. Unless you get into med school w/o a degree, I don't think you can use it in med school.

Edit: If you look at the SC Commission on Higher Education website, it lays out all the rules for these scholarships. Both only apply towards your 1st bachelor degree

USCguy said:
LIFE only applies for 4 years. And you can't receive it if you have a bachelor's degree. Unless you get into med school w/o a degree, I don't think you can use it in med school.

Edit: If you look at the SC Commission on Higher Education website, it lays out all the rules for these scholarships. Both only apply towards your 1st bachelor degree

Well I didn't use any of these scholarships yet since I went to undergrad out of state, but may be going back to SC for med school. I will be getting a bachelor's up here in UPenn though.

So I probably won't be able to get LIFE cuz I'll have a bachelors?