MUST haves for PT school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

qtran

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So what are the things I should have or get for the first day of PT school!? I am so excited!

Members don't see this ad.

1. A good attitude and a willingness to learn what you hear.
2. A good backpack with plenty of pockets, compartments, and water bottle sleeves.
3. Plenty of pens. I recommend Pilot G2-05 or 07.
4. Plenty of notebooks.
5. A laptop. I can't imagine going to school without a laptop anymore. They're so versatile. If you're old school and like to "feel" your notes, then print all your notes, but have a laptop at home. This is probably the most important tool I have.
6. Self-discipline.
7. Delayed gratification.

Kevin

5. A laptop. I can't imagine going to school without a laptop anymore. They're so versatile. If you're old school and like to "feel" your notes, then print all your notes, but have a laptop at home. This is probably the most important tool I have.

I'm starting this summer with anatomy. I only have an iPad, where I plan to download an atlas, and am hoping to get a laptop soon, but this may not be until after the summer session. How necessary is a laptop for anatomy? I would assume that as long as I have the atlas and required books, and as long as I dedicate a lot of time in the cadaver labs, it'll work out fine.

Members don't see this ad :)
a gym membership, hobby, and/or recreational activity to get away from all things PT.

I agree with riseboi. I would go crazy without the gym

Thats the funny thing about the gym... especially when your learning about therex...can't help but think about squat machanics

I knew it was always those dang kinesiology majors causing all the trouble...

THANKS GUYS! Today is my last day at my job! gonna take a break before MAy 28th start date!!!

One problem though. I've been drinking and partying a lot these last few months to get it out of my system. So I was planning to cut out on these extracurricular activities once pt starts, but you guys are telling me to drink more...?so confused! haha

One problem though. I've been drinking and partying a lot these last few months to get it out of my system. So I was planning to cut out on these extracurricular activities once pt starts, but you guys are telling me to drink more...?so confused! haha

Just cause your in grad school doesn't mean you have to loose all your personality, be yourself and enjoy what your doing inside of the classroom and out

got%20beer%20bear%20deer%20copy.jpg

Yea pt school isn't a concentration camp haha. I will definitely be stocking up on the good stuff for weekend drinks by the pool and night caps. Nothin wrong with that!