Must-Know MCAT Formulas

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

musicalMD

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
As I have never taking practice tests, I have noticed that a lot of my wrong answers simply stem from not knowing the correct formula.

So, I've decided to do something about this. Some of you may remember that I posted "The Hormone Song" around this time last year. I've decided to write the "MCAT Formula Song" in hopes that is will help me and any other people who are having the same problem.

This is where I need your help. I would like to compile a list of formulas one must absolutely commit to memory for the MCAT. I'm not sure if someone has already compiled a list but would appreciate any contributions you can give me. Of course, I will share the song on here when it's finished!!! Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

As I have never taking practice tests, I have noticed that a lot of my wrong answers simply stem from not knowing the correct formula.

So, I've decided to do something about this. Some of you may remember that I posted "The Hormone Song" around this time last year. I've decided to write the "MCAT Formula Song" in hopes that is will help me and any other people who are having the same problem.

This is where I need your help. I would like to compile a list of formulas one must absolutely commit to memory for the MCAT. I'm not sure if someone has already compiled a list but would appreciate any contributions you can give me. Of course, I will share the song on here when it's finished!!! Thanks!
You need to know pretty much all of them. If you get a study book it should tell you which ones to commit
To Memory. By doing enough passage problems eventually they will just stick.

I don't think a song is necessary…the equations that need to be memorized are pretty basic and fundamental to their respective science topics, and should be able to be learned with ease for anyone who's looking to survive the MCAT. If a song is required to commit them to memory, that is not good news.

Are you early in your studying? When I found a formula sheet that someone posted I thought it was gold. Haven't looked at it once and now that I'm 1 month into content review, the formulas are sticking through mere repetition.

The one I've used the most has to be the following one:
Find the speed as the object hits the ground/as the object approaches the bottom of the incline:
vf = sqrt 2gh