MWU-CPG c/o 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
has anyone who interviewed on 3/11 heard back yet?

Members don't see this ad.

I did some research and found that the on campus housing plan does NOT come with a meal plan. So everyone on campus just pays cash for what they buy in the cafeteria? :( Is on campus food cheap?

Btw, for on campus housing are the rooms all considered singles? Bc when I was assigned an on campus room as an undergrad, I lived with two other ppl in my room (a triple).

Members don't see this ad :)
I did some research and found that the on campus housing plan does NOT come with a meal plan. So everyone on campus just pays cash for what they buy in the cafeteria? :( Is on campus food cheap?

Btw, for on campus housing are the rooms all considered singles? Bc when I was assigned an on campus room as an undergrad, I lived with two other ppl in my room (a triple).

No, I believe you get physically separate rooms for two bedroom apartments. There's a kitchen in your apartment so you can always just cook instead of buying food at the cafeteria. I don't recall the cafeteria food tasting that awesome on my interview day..

What were the questions asked?
Im very nervous. i Have interview in april.

Hi everyone, I just received a letter via snail mail saying I'm on the waitlist. :( Do you guys know how many students are usually pulled off from the waitlist?

I just called admissions and they said the program might start in May! Has anyone heard anything about this??

I just called admissions and they said the program might start in May! Has anyone heard anything about this??

Maybe they were talking about orientation as the start of the program (May 29-30)

Yeah first day of orientation is May 28th I believe? Which pretty much is close to the actual first day of school (June 1st or something like that)

That means after I graduate, i'll get two weeks of summmer wooo hooo
Maybe they were talking about orientation as the start of the program (May 29-30)

Members don't see this ad :)
Interviewed 3/8, Portal changed today to accepted student!

Does anyone know how many people are on the waitlist and how they decide who to pull off it since it's not ranked?

Hi, can someone give me a rough estimate for electricity bill average per month for the year? Thanks! (1 br 900 sq ft. apartment)

ok we are about two months away from the start how are you guys looking for places to live, most places i have called in the past month have said it is too far out to know for sure.. and how, if you are, are you guys looking for roommates?

also what is the etiquette of quitting my job, i work as a microbiologist( pretty much a lab tech with a fancy title lol) and i have heard from coworkers that if i put a 2 week notice ill be fired on the spot, so it seems there is no way to leave on good terms. what would you guys do in this situation?

Hi!

I was just wondering if anyone would be interested in getting acquainted prior to orientation? I am moving out to Phoenix from Boston and don't know anyone in the area. It would be nice to start school with a familiar face or two. Is anyone else in the same boat? PM me if you might be interested.

Thanks!
Jess

Interviewed 3/8, Portal changed today to accepted student!

How long did it take for you to hear back? I am currently on the alternative list and interviewed on 3/18.

Is anyone going to live on campus?

ok we are about two months away from the start how are you guys looking for places to live, most places i have called in the past month have said it is too far out to know for sure.. and how, if you are, are you guys looking for roommates?

also what is the etiquette of quitting my job, i work as a microbiologist( pretty much a lab tech with a fancy title lol) and i have heard from coworkers that if i put a 2 week notice ill be fired on the spot, so it seems there is no way to leave on good terms. what would you guys do in this situation?

Put in your 2 weeks notice when it is time. If they fire you, then you worked there 2 weeks less than what you had anticipated. There is nothing you can do, but the bright side is that you are going to pharmacy school in another state, so you wouldn't being staying on the job anyways.

I interviewed on 3/11 and haven't received anything yet, so I called the admissions office today and they told me my application was on hold (for no specific reason because I'm not missing LORs or anything)...has anyone had a similar experience or know what that means?? Thanks!

Is there anyone looking for a roommate at San Lagos/Prado? I'm a female incoming P1 and I missed the housing deadline :thumbdown:

Is there anyone looking for a roommate at San Lagos/Prado? I'm a female incoming P1 and I missed the housing deadline :thumbdown:

Hi, i checked out 5-6 apartments a couple weeks ago, including san lagos/prado. I didnt like it there too much plus it was really overpriced. I signed a lease for a much better price (750/month for 950 sq feet) at Adobe Ridge apartments. Its only 3 miles away and takes about 5 min to get to school. Check it out in case you want more options!

Hi, i checked out 5-6 apartments a couple weeks ago, including san lagos/prado. I didnt like it there too much plus it was really overpriced. I signed a lease for a much better price (750/month for 950 sq feet) at Adobe Ridge apartments. Its only 3 miles away and takes about 5 min to get to school. Check it out in case you want more options!

Is that for a one room Huytard82?

Yes its a 1 room. The only apartments they had at San Lagos for May were $900+ for 750 sq ft, and the interior was meh IMO. But i guess its nice to live literally across the street from school.

Between Touro University in California and Midwestern, which one would be a better school academic-wise? I heard Touro's campus/location is bad so I already know that. Any feedback would be nice.

Between Touro University in California and Midwestern, which one would be a better school academic-wise? I heard Touro's campus/location is bad so I already know that. Any feedback would be nice.

pretty much the same imo. MWU is 77th and touro is 80th

Go to mwu. Much better. Vallejo sucks. But it is close to sf. So you can decide.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using SDN Mobile

It's only overpriced if you let them rip you off :D

I'm living at San Lagos in a 2bd/2bth 1056 sq ft apt and paying $805/mo. :p

You kinda have to negotiate with them, and it also depends on the availability of the place since it's so popular with the students. Good luck!

-P2

I wouldn't base your choice off of school ranking because that is just based on how much public funding schools get and whatnot. Take the passing of the NAPLEX/law exams into account. I believe our school is at 97-98% off the first time around for the NAPLEX from what I can remember, though this year's graduates stats haven't been posted. Not sure what Tuoro's stats are but I'd say the cost of living at MWU is cheaper and you get to be in school for a year less which allows you to earn a 6 figure income for a year more ;)

I withdrew my app, good luck to those still interested.

Found out Saturday that I was accepted from the waitlist! I got into other schools but Midwestern is my first choice! Anyone know if there is a Facebook page or anything to get acquainted with others before orientation?

Found out Saturday that I was accepted from the waitlist! I got into other schools but Midwestern is my first choice! Anyone know if there is a Facebook page or anything to get acquainted with others before orientation?

How long where you on the waitlist?

For MWU students who have lived on campus, what does your room come with? Closet, several cabinets (?), desk... they don't give me any information about what the apartment comes with except fridge, oven, and stove.

Also, is there a janitor that comes to clean your bathrooms? I had a cleaning lady that came in my undergraduate dorms back then.

I'm looking for a roommate, preferably female! I'm going down to az in two weeks to look for 2 bed 2 bath apt within 5 mi radius of school around $400 per month. If you're interested please pm me!

On another note, how are you guys handling your furniture? Are you going to move existing furniture or rent? Has anyone found furnished apts?

Gonna give up my seat. Good luck to whoever is on the waitlist. Is there any way to recoup some of the deposit?

Gonna give up my seat. Good luck to whoever is on the waitlist. Is there any way to recoup some of the deposit?

I think you can get 100 back. Email them

Sent from my Nexus 4 using SDN Mobile

Can one of the current students tell me if they add the

Student Services Fee ($576)
Health Insurance Fee ($2704)
Disability Insurance (65)

to the tution all in the first quarter? Or is it spread out through four.

Thanks!

Hi everyone,

I'm looking for a female roommate to share a 2 bed/2 bath apartment. The rent is $438 per month. It's a gated community 4.4 miles away from Midwestern. PM me if interested. Thank you!

Just received a call on 4/26 offering me admission to the school. I was on the waitlist for 2 months. I will be giving up my seat. Good luck to those still waiting

Looking for a girl to share a 2 bed/2 bath at San Lagos! I already signed a lease so please message me back on here or my e-mail [email protected] ASAP for more details!

R u still looking for a roommate? Already signed a lease for a 2bed/2bath at San Lagos!

Is there anything P2 or P3 students would advise or incoming freshman regarding book purchasing, studying, professors, or clubs? I remember thinking if I had known many other things as an undergraduate, I would've been prepared a greater deal.