MWU vs OHSU

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Auburn221

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Cost aside, do you think MWU-AZ or OHSU is a better dental school as far as clinical experience goes?

Members don't see this ad.

If the price difference is less than $50k then I would go to MWU-AZ which has very good clinical experience and very nice technology. Not to mention some of the hottest girls out of all the dental schools are at MWU-AZ.

MWU-AZ, Ohio isn't even the best school in Ohio. THE University of Dayton is soooo much better!

Members don't see this ad :)
Note: OHSU = Oregon Health Sciences University, not Ohio State.

I'd pick MWU-AZ...but I have a bias.

Im currently a student at OHSU and am really enjoying it. Im a first year, but dont know much about MWU to compare.

Got this PM from a current OHSU student who posts here often:

Why NO to OHSU?
  • High failure rate on the NBDE I + II -- school is on probation status
  • Too much lab work -- most of it is unnecessary
  • Many instructors don't care for lectures. Most people stopped going to class since first year, because the teachers can't teach...
  • Too much politics...lots of instructors are complainers and are not happy here

I'd also factor in the advantage of living in rad Portland as opposed to Glendale, AZ.....

Is there anywhere we can see which schools are on probation status for high failure rates?