my aha moment... a fluke or real deal?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

olemissbabydoc

Baby Doctor
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
yesterday, I started thinking conceptually in physics and actually getting it.

went home to study for mcat, and all of the sudden, I was reasoning beyond belief on the sciences and getting question after question right.

in verbal, I began looking for the forest (instead of the trees) and missed 1 question or so per passage if that.

have I genuinely had an 'aha moment' breakthrough? anyone else have a similar experience?

Members don't see this ad.

Although I never had a "eureeka!" moment like this, I did experience a more gradual realization of better studying techniques. I guess it's possible that you might all of a sudden realize what strategy would work for you. Just make sure you don't get over-confident and keep taking those practice tests/passages to make sure it's not just a one-time thing. That's awesome news - good luck! :thumbup:

Could be the real deal, I'd wait to see if you keep it up though. At least your moment was before the MCAT, mine had to happen right after the test :( Literally, everything clicked and I swore at why it couldn't have happened before the test.

yeah, it didn't happen on the first test OR the second so I'm hoping for the third time it'll help.

update: seems like todays studying is abt the same... just making more sense than two days ago. wow. :)

Members don't see this ad :)
yeah, it didn't happen on the first test OR the second so I'm hoping for the third time it'll help.

update: seems like todays studying is abt the same... just making more sense than two days ago. wow. :)

Whatever the reason, I'm glad it's clicking for you.

yesterday, I started thinking conceptually in physics and actually getting it.

went home to study for mcat, and all of the sudden, I was reasoning beyond belief on the sciences and getting question after question right.

in verbal, I began looking for the forest (instead of the trees) and missed 1 question or so per passage if that.

have I genuinely had an 'aha moment' breakthrough? anyone else have a similar experience?

You have, my friend!
Keep at it, and you'll find that these 'aha' moments are going to come much more often. A wise man once said that, "If something happens once, it's luck. If you get lucky time and time again, that's skill." So don't just chalk up your success to luck! If you keep drilling away at the material and practice exams like you are, these moments will happen again, and again, and again.
I had this 'aha' moment. It's a great thing! I was scoring 33-34 for about 1 month, then I stopped, went over all of my exams is huge detail, went through all the concepts I was iffy on and really pounded away at the material. I took my next practice exam and I definitely had a 'eureka' moment. In no time I was scoring 38-43 on every practice exam.
Good job!

Did you sober up or something? If I had a moment like this I would be afraid to go to sleep.

hahaha speeter... yes, pretty much am afraid to sleep. There was no alcohol involved, however, this is the first time I've done a lot of practice since I've had most of the courses... maybe that's the deal. I dunno but not complaining! just putting more time into it.

amwatts, thanks and I hope so! that would be a direct god-given.