My chances? Just got MCAT back

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

popholdinitdown

7+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Ohio State likes high MCAT and takes a large percentage of California residents.

Remove: Albany, Rosalind Franklin, Drexel, EVMS, Loyola Stritch, NYMC, Tufts

Add: Any top 20s you want, Hofstra, Rochester, UVA (you seem to like the Virginia schools), maybe Wake Forest, but not necessary

Overall, list is fine, and you're very likely to get an acceptance

D/C Drexel, Albany, Loyola, RF, NYM and GT.
Add Hofstra, Miami, Rochester, NW, Case and such (If that's your only MCAT).

Thanks gyngyn. I have another question; how favorable is school connection/ties?
I've volunteered and researched every summer at one of the schools since 2013. All my publications are from the medical center, and I have two LoR from the medical center as well. Id love to go to that school and im wondering if my ties help with II at all. Thanks!

Thanks gyngyn. I have another question; how favorable is school connection/ties?
I've volunteered and researched every summer at one of the schools since 2013. All my publications are from the medical center, and I have two LoR from the medical center as well. Id love to go to that school and im wondering if my ties help with II at all. Thanks!
It's quite variable but it doesn't hurt.

75 Lizzy, pubs, 1000+ hours volunteering...should your list not have a bunch more tippy top schools in it?

Reactions: 1 user
75 Lizzy, pubs, 1000+ hours volunteering...should your list not have a bunch more tippy top schools in it?
You think so? I was looking at MSAR and my GPA is kinda on the low side for those top schools (still within the 10-90th percentile range).
I'm just cautious about "donating" fees to schools I have no real business at lol

You think so? I was looking at MSAR and my GPA is kinda on the low side for those top schools (still within the 10-90th percentile range).
I'm just cautious about "donating" fees to schools I have no real business at lol
There are a bunch of Top 20s with stats like 3.85/36 that would be dead on your own LizzyM. And extensive research + very extensive healthcare volunteering is above what most apps have. You have some great schools sprinkled in there already I would just personally include several more

Nobody screens out a 3.75 GPA. More importantly, nobody looks at 3.75/37 as "low stats" that will preclude an acceptance.
The schools where your stats arent ideal are actually the lower tier Drexel/RFU types that know people with your stats rarely attend if accepted.
It's counter intuitive but the schools gyngyn listed are higher yield than the lower stat ones on your list.
Add those, keep the UCs and ones with 34+ median MCATs you have, there's your list. Rest is just unnecessary excess.