My chances? Keck Graduate Institute Early Decision 2.9 GPA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

adelle714

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Please let me know what you think my chances are...

I'll be applying for early decision for Keck Graduate Institute

-2.9 cGPA, 2.9 sGPA
-B.A. from UCLA
-3 really good LORs
(2 from pharmacy managers, 1 from organic chem professor)
-Pharmacy Technician license since August 2013
-Been working at retail pharmacy for 18 months
-300 hours volunteer at hospital pharmacy

Thanks,

Members don't see this ad.

not too familiar with the stats required for KGI

Members don't see this ad :)
i honestly dont think u have a good chance but who knows??
you already did early decision so i would say just relax and prepare for the worst!
consider backup schools maybe take pcat because what if u did not get in? ca schools are really hard to get in with 2.9 gpa i think!
hope for the best but still prepare for the worst!!!

Reactions: 1 user
Really nervous about this but thanks for the replies guys!

Hey guys,

Please let me know what you think my chances are...

I'll be applying for early decision for Keck Graduate Institute

-2.9 cGPA, 2.9 sGPA
-B.A. from UCLA
-3 really good LORs
(2 from pharmacy managers, 1 from organic chem professor)
-Pharmacy Technician license since August 2013
-Been working at retail pharmacy for 18 months
-300 hours volunteer at hospital pharmacy

Thanks,

You have a very good chance to get in. Nowadays High GPA isn't neccessary; experiences have a big impact. I am P1 at KGI, so let me know if you have any questions. Good luck

all the best buddy.Relax im sure you will be good.

You have a very good chance to get in. Nowadays High GPA isn't neccessary; experiences have a big impact. I am P1 at KGI, so let me know if you have any questions. Good luck

do not be delusional or give yourself too much credits !! Being able to get in a pharmacy school these days with a weak GPA is mainly due to schools keep opening and expanding with no end in sight !!

Look around you, many and there will be many more getting in pharm schools w subpar GPAs + subpar PCATs + NO pharmacy experience !! When the number of schools hit 200s prob they require nothing but a OK from you to sign up for their schools !! lol :)

do not be delusional or give yourself too much credits !! Being able to get in a pharmacy school these days with a weak GPA is mainly due to schools keep opening and expanding with no end in sight !!

Look around you, many and there will be many more getting in pharm schools w subpar GPAs + subpar PCATs + NO pharmacy experience !! When the number of schools hit 200s prob they require nothing but a OK from you to sign up for their schools !! lol :)
I am not giving any credits to myself or bragging. I got accepted to pharm schools that are accredited but I picked KGI. Anyway I just answered adelle714 question base on what I know; I talked to students from other schools and there are students with GPA 2.7/2.8. UW accept students with 2.9 GPA!!! Don't be a hater!!!
Seriously stop discourage people. Does it matter what school you are going to? at the end we all have a same degree.

I am not giving any credits to myself or bragging. I got accepted to pharm schools that are accredited but I picked KGI. Anyway I just answered adelle714 question base on what I know; I talked to students from other schools and there are students with GPA 2.7/2.8. UW accept students with 2.9 GPA!!! Don't be a hater!!!
Seriously stop discourage people. Does it matter what school you are going to? at the end we all have a same degree.

First off, either your telling me that you picked a unaccredited school over an accredited one is a BS or a silly mistake on your part.

You are saying it yourself: even 2s GPA get in good/established schools these days. What does that tell you ?? Please use your head...

In the old days even 3.5 GPA and 80-90s PCAt had hard time getting... But there were only about 60-80 schools of pharmacy.... How many are there now ?? How many are opening soon ?? What are the numbers of jobs now and in the future ?? And how much are one gonna have to rack up for this kind of future ??

I am not discouraging. I am trying to save peopls from making mistakes by telling them the facts and the numbers that are out there. People decide. Not me. Do I make all that up ??

Does it matter what school because you all have the same degree ?? Dang.... No wonder you "picked" KGI.... LoL :)

Last edited:
First off, either your telling me that you picked a unaccredited school over an accredited one is a BS or a silly mistake on your part.

You are saying it yourself: even 2s GPA get in good/established schools these days. What does that tell you ?? Please use your head...

In the old days even 3.5 GPA and 80-90s PCAt had hard time getting... But there were only about 60-80 schools of pharmacy.... How many are there now ?? How many are opening soon ?? What are the numbers of jobs now and in the future ?? And how much are one gonna have to rack up for this kind of future ??

I am not discouraging. I am trying to save peopls from making mistakes by telling them the facts and the numbers that are out there. People decide. Not me. Do I make all that up ??

Does it matter what school because you all have the same degree ?? Dang.... No wonder you "picked" KGI.... LoL :)

And in the next episode of Keeping up with the Kardashians: Kim Kardashian gets accepted into pharmacy school.

Reactions: 2 users
And in the next episode of Keeping up with the Kardashians: Kim Kardashian gets accepted into pharmacy school.

you forgot to mention Paris Hilton and her dog or dogs (got accepted too... yay... ) lol :)

The PCAT Verbal Analogies' new example for the 2015 exam and beyond:

EX. Choose the CORRECT answer.
Medical School : Perseverance :: Pharmacy School : ??
(A) Cash-cow business
(B) Lack of standards for entrance and graduation
(C) Let's go out, get drunk and hook up wit chicks brah
(D) High school behavior
(E) Sheer guts

CORRECT ANSWER: Any of the above! :idea:

The PCAT Verbal Analogies' new example for the 2015 exam and beyond:

EX. Choose the CORRECT answer.
Medical School : Perseverance :: Pharmacy School : ??
(A) Cash-cow business
(B) Lack of standards for entrance and graduation
(C) Let's go out, get drunk and hook up wit chicks brah
(D) High school behavior
(E) Sheer guts

CORRECT ANSWER: Any of the above! :idea:

there is no option (E) on the pcat. at least mock it in the correct format if that's your thing

So option (E) should be 'All of the above' then. problem solved.