My chances with 3.65 science GPA, 18 DAT, and 16 PAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

paul2056

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,
what are my chances of getting accepted when I have an AADSAS verified 3.65 Science GPA, 3.6 cumulative GPA, 18 academic average,17 bio, 18 orgo, 20 chemistry, 18 total sciences,18 comprehension, 15 on quantitative reasoning, and 16 on the PAT. I am a University of South Florida senior student, biomedical major. I applied to the 2014-2015 AADSAS cycle, and submitted on the 26th of June 2014. I took the DAT on the 20th of August,2014, and AADSAS received the scores on the 8th of September, 2014. I am a permanent resident( I have a green card) and a Florida resident. I finished freshman year successfully at dental school in Egypt with a 3.5 GPA that was about 4 years ago. I came to the States and was required to start everything from scratch. I applied to 16 dental schools and that was very expensive and I am actually about to run out of money because of that, and I still have about 4 out of the 16 dental schools that I haven't sent the supplemental application with the fee yet. I really don't want to take the DAT again. I studied so much, but only practiced 3 days before the actual DAT. I know I could have done way higher than this if I answered more questions. I really don't wanna retake the exam especially when I am taking a heavy load of subjects 16 credits ( Biochemistry, analytical chemistry, life science calculus, intro to world religion, and wetland environment). I really need advice from people who are actual dental students or have been accepted this cycle ONLY, please no pre-dentals!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
No one has been accepted already this cycle... You need to talk to a Dean or someone on a committee for the best accurate advice one your situation. However, you can compare your situation with others from the past that have posted here on the forum. Best thing to do is just relax because there isn't much you can do at this point to help you situation.

Members don't see this ad :)
the best question will be what are my chances to get an interview
you need to look to the 16 dental schools stats you had applied to and look to their average DAT
your GPA is fine if you have a lot of EC's you might have a shoot

the best question will be what are my chances to get an interview
you need to look to the 16 dental schools stats you had applied to and look to their average DAT
your GPA is fine if you have a lot of EC's you might have a shoot
What do you mean by EC's?

Extracurricular activities, it means anything you have done outside the school like volunteer, community services, volunteer at dental office, shadowing, join clubs in your school, have experiences of leadership

doing community services at a church, tutoring other students, have a job, doing researches with professors, study abroad

Extracurricular activities, it means anything you have done outside the school like volunteer, community services, volunteer at dental office, shadowing, join clubs in your school, have experiences of leadership
Yeah I did all what you mentioned except for research and for being an officer in a club. I am still a member in three of usf's clubs

doing community services at a church, tutoring other students, have a job, doing researches with professors, study abroad
I did all of that as well. I am a deacon and a Sunday school teacher

that's good
you need to add on your list Loma Linda it's a christian in CA you will have a good shot especially they love that candidates was a part of their church
try to go to any of your professor and ask him if you can do some researches, also i think you're a Coptic try to create a coptic club on your school and ask other people to join or get a position in the club if there is a one!!
Best of luck

that's good
you need to add on your list Loma Linda it's a christian in CA you will have a good shot especially they love that candidates was a part of their church
try to go to any of your professor and ask him if you can do some researches, also i think you're a Coptic try to create a coptic club on your school and ask other people to join or get a position in the club if there is a one!!
Best of luck
Dude you are amazing! Yes, I am a Coptic orthodox person, and I actually applied to Loma Linda, Marquette, howard, and meharry. I am also an officer in the Coptic club of usf. I was just elected this semester though, but I have been a member eversince I joined usf.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-06-24-13-15-37.png
    Screenshot_2014-06-24-13-15-37.png
    289.7 KB · Views: 65
try to remove Columbia and Pennsylvanian and add USC, Western, and UOP those are three privates dental school in CA you might get a chance there

try to remove Columbia and Pennsylvanian and add USC, Western, and UOP those are three privates dental school in CA you might get a chance there
I can't man! I don't have money.