My Chances?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

eshalomi

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
GPA is 3.75
MCAT 29 (10,6,13)

Extracurriculars:
Worked as a customer service representative for a random company.
Volunteered at an animal hospital for 5 months.
Volunteered at a Medical Center for 5 months doing research. (ended up with a publication in JEM)
Volunteered at a Surgical Center for 4 months. Worked at the same surgical center for about a year and a half.

Which schools can I get into? (If there is even a school that would accept my MCAT score).
Preference is MD, either in America or Israel. Advice is greatly appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

You have an unbalanced MCAT that is on the low side for MD. If you want a good chance at US MD you will need to retake it to get a balanced 30+. GPA is good.

Furthermore, you may want to add some more volunteering and/or extracurriculars, and perhaps some shadowing. Your clinical experience sounds great though.

Concur; I think the 6 is lethal for MD schools. You're fine for any DO school.

You have an unbalanced MCAT that is on the low side for MD. If you want a good chance at US MD you will need to retake it to get a balanced 30+. GPA is good.

Furthermore, you may want to add some more volunteering and/or extracurriculars, and perhaps some shadowing. Your clinical experience sounds great though.

Reactions: 1 user
The good: a GPA to be proud of and almost two years of solid clinical experience
The bad: 6 VR
The ugly: the tortuous expressions on the faces of adcoms when they see that 6 VR

It's going to be really hard to get a seat for the 2014 MCAT, and the 2015 one has even more liberal arts stuff on it. If VR is your Kryptonite, it will not be fun.

How about DO? You're a pretty strong candidate there.