My class is like 80% foreigners

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SClENCE

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So apparently trying to integrate into a diverse class means that I'm acknowledging cultural differences which makes me racist.

Thanks for clearing it up /thread

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
judging a group of people you don't know based on their appearance... great start to your career in the most trusted profession

Reactions: 3 users
SCIENCE I thought you were a P3 or something already? guess I was going based on your post count. My school is about the same, and it includes the other health professions on campus as well. Truth be told, most of the people I hang out with now are nonwhite.

Reactions: 1 user
judging a group of people you don't know based on their appearance... great start to your career in the most trusted profession

I am acknowledging strong cultural differences based on previous experiences. It's not race but rather the social norms associated with the culture that I feel somewhat disconnected with

Last edited:
I'm guessing if you live in a big city like columbus there will be a lot of diversity compared to a school in Rootstown, Ada, or Cedarville

SCIENCE I thought you were a P3 or something already? guess I was going based on your post count. My school is about the same, and it includes the other health professions on campus as well. Truth be told, most of the people I hang out with now are nonwhite.

I figured this scenario was pretty consistent in healthcare.

Last edited:
I'm guessing if you live in a big city like columbus there will be a lot of diversity compared to a school in Rootstown, Ada, or Cedarville

Are you from OH?

I'll be honest I don't particularity enjoy being surrounded by Chinese girls and guys named Ahmed wearing pink scarfs

explain to me again how this isn't blatant discrimination?

I'm socially uncomfortable around these groups. Why do you think I made this thread?
if they truly are international students, they're brave enough to face a foreign culture in pursuit of a high quality education. the least you could do is offer them the same courtesy.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Our next generation of pharmacists! I told you pharmacy schools just accept everybody and anybody...even people who get scared easily are accepted! LOL

Reactions: 5 users

Last edited:
Looks like this fool is going to the Ohio State University College of Pharmacy. Who wants to send this thread to the dean and classes?

Man you're a real activist. What a hero.

Last edited:
Our next generation of pharmacists! I told you pharmacy schools just accept everybody and anybody...even people who get scared easily are accepted! LOL
clearly he/she didn't do much research on the school (or any pharmacy school) before enrolling. if being around non-white people makes you so uncomfortable, why choose a profession dominated by non-white people? lol

if they truly are international students, they're brave enough to face a foreign culture in pursuit of a high quality education. the least you could do is offer them the same courtesy.

That was my intention. I was asking for advice and got nailed to a cross:(

Last edited:
Clearly that was my intention lmao. Did you not read the fu*king thread? I was asking for advice and got nailed to a cross
in your original post your sole question was whether being "surrounded by Chinese girls and guys named Ahmed wearing pink scarves" was "par for the course." hardly a request for advice. or perhaps you already knew that based on the fact that you keep editing your original post every few minutes.

in your original post your sole question was whether being "surrounded by Chinese girls and guys named Ahmed wearing pink scarves" was "par for the course." hardly a request for advice. or perhaps you already knew that based on the fact that you keep editing your original post every few minutes.

My post was altered, don't put words into my mouth. I think this is a personal attack on me given that I wear a pink scarf

My password is the same but I'm changing it atm

Don't worry, first year of pharmacy school is 90% BS anyway. Half of your classes will deal with cultural competency. As far as "really reaching out to make connections," Just talk to people, but start making friends early on, because people clique up fast. And yes, connections are everything. you will need to secure the "Chinese girls'" vote if you run for any leadership positions to put on your CV. There will be plenty of socials in the first month where you go to a bar and meet with other students in a more casual setting, which fortunately for you, will probably weed out guys named Ahmed.

would love to be surrounded by chinese girls. they are more modest and not slutty like white girls. wouldn't be right to see white girl pharmacists wearing short skirts putting a fan on the floor blowing on the skirts all day long. as u'll soon learn HIV is dominated by white and black. asian are on a very low stat. this is also a matter of fact and not racist. white girls are beautiful, sexy, and dead gorgeous. but the STDs are just as deadly.

clearly he/she didn't do much research on the school (or any pharmacy school) before enrolling. if being around non-white people makes you so uncomfortable, why choose a profession dominated by non-white people? lol

Is it? I guess I had the opposite experience. Most of my classmates were white and everywhere I've been, the pharmacists have been predominantly white but then again, I went to school in the south and did residencies in the Midwest.

Oh, I just want to say that talking about your classmates while at the same time identifying what school you go to is not at all a smart thing to do. You've also just made it that much easier to find you since you're a white male and by the sounds of it, one of the very few.....

would love to be surrounded by chinese girls. they are more modest and not slutty like white girls. wouldn't be right to see white girl pharmacists wearing short skirts putting a fan on the floor blowing on the skirts all day long. as u'll soon learn HIV is dominated by white and black. asian are on a very low stat. this is also a matter of fact and not racist. white girls are beautiful, sexy, and dead gorgeous. but the STDs are just as deadly.
Wtf am I reading?

Reactions: 11 users
This thread just gets classier and classier.

If too many women is a problem, you're doing something wrong.

Even women would rather work with men than other women.

Sometimes I think I couldn't love you any more, but then you post things like this and my heart grows 3 sizes

Reactions: 2 users
Before you go lynching Science, because we know he is not a troll or a bad person(at least on the boards anyways).... Why not ask him to clarify his examples and position he is in?

Before you go lynching Science, because we know he is not a troll or a bad person(at least on the boards anyways).... Why not ask him to clarify his examples and position he is in?
Not the choice of phrase i would have used there bucko.

His position seems to be very clear - he's around a bunch of people who aren't white and that makes him uncomfortable.

"These foreigners ARE a problem, eh?" -every Native American.

Reactions: 2 users
Is it? I guess I had the opposite experience. Most of my classmates were white and everywhere I've been, the pharmacists have been predominantly white but then again, I went to school in the south and did residencies in the Midwest.
my point was that he could've researched the school demographics before committing to spending the next four years there. if he wanted to be surrounded by white people he could've chosen a school in the south or Midwest like you said.

Honest question: is it racist to be frustrated when doing transfers with Indian pharmacists? I worked a shift at our inpatient pharmacy and had to do one with an indian guy in Plano. I pretty much had him repeat everything at least 3 times. It's very hard to understand them sometimes. I don't mean anything bad by that.

my point was that he could've researched the school demographics before committing to spending the next four years there. if he wanted to be surrounded by white people he could've chosen a school in the south or Midwest like you said.
That's true.

Honest question: is it racist to be frustrated when doing transfers with Indian pharmacists? I worked a shift at our inpatient pharmacy and had to do one with an indian guy in Plano. I pretty much had him repeat everything at least 3 times. It's very hard to understand them sometimes. I don't mean anything bad by that.
its not racist to have trouble understanding people. I moved to the south and I could not understand white people who lived in the rural south, and they probably couldn't understand me. It IS racist if you make comments that you don't like people because they were Indian.

Let's just point out the obvious....indians and asians dominate academics....my pharmacy class was majority indian and asian....my girlfriend is in med school....her class is majority indian and asian...which is really amazing considering they only make like 3 percent of america. When I was in pharmacy class I had a few indian and asian friends, they were good people with great work ethic. I feel like if you try to associate with them you might learn something to your benefit.

Let's just point out the obvious....indians and asians dominate academics....my pharmacy class was majority indian and asian....my girlfriend is in med school....her class is majority indian and asian...which is really amazing considering they only make like 3 percent of america. When I was in pharmacy class I had a few indian and asian friends, they were good people with great work ethic. I feel like if you try to associate with them you might learn something to your benefit.

One could argue that it pertains to certain majors. For example, most law students are white from what I've seen and I haven't seen many Asian law students. In terms of pharmacy, Asians definitely represent a large percent of students.

Last edited:
I think we need Donald Trump and Paula Deen to weigh in on this.

Reactions: 5 users
I think we need Donald Trump and Paula Deen to weigh in on this.
If I wanted to hear a bunch of old white folks say racist crap I would just hang out with my extended family :/

When I was practicing, the biggest issue we had WRT to this was all the snowbirds who went back and forth to specifically Florida. It seemed that about 90% of the time, the pharmacist was an Asian woman who barely spoke or understood English.

I agree that someone like the OP probably has no place in health care. I did clinicals on an Indian reservation, and "those people" definitely didn't look like me, a Caucasian woman, either. So what. They're PEOPLE.

Wtf am I reading?

its okay man, as a minority I love white people. Chris Pratt and Judy Greer for the win.

besides my experience with the Southern California Indo Association at USC showed me that Indian girls can be slutty too.

would love to be surrounded by chinese girls. they are more modest and not slutty like white girls.

And they age better

Oh, I just want to say that talking about your classmates while at the same time identifying what school you go to is not at all a smart thing to do. You've also just made it that much easier to find you since you're a white male and by the sounds of it, one of the very few.....

It's also really scary when you realize how many of your classmates are on here.

Too many women at work is way different from too many women at the party.

And they age better

It's also really scary when you realize how many of your classmates are on here.

Too many women at work is way different from too many women at the party.
Still missing how you can ever have too many women in any given place. What is the negative result of this supposed excess? I mean, if you have trouble interacting with women in the workplace, I can see that it might be a personal problem for you, but I've never noticed too many women to be a problem any more than too many men can be a problem, it's just nonsense.