my evaluator forgot to include # of shadowing hours for tufts app. help?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ROCOCO8

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Tufts Dental requires that "1 Letter from a general dentist providing proof of at least 30 hours of dental shadowing experience–please note this letter must include approximate number of hours."

However I have already e-submitted and just found out that my dentist didn't include the hours in his letter of rec... What should I do? On the Tufts website it says they do not accept auxillary paperwork sent directly to the school itself. I cannot upload another Letter of Rec, has anyone else experienced this?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Have you called them to see what their suggestion is? I'm sure it has happened to someone before..

Call Tufts. But if it helps put you at ease, my lor from a dentist did not list hours either and they offered me a late interview last year.

Members don't see this ad :)
Same problem..he just listed the month that I started and how long I'd be continuing until. I can't imagine them being super strict with this

Same here. I emailed the admissions office and this was their reply:

Thanks for writing. If the dentist is listed in your shadowing history, for more than 30 hours, then you will be OK for the initial screening. If we do invite you for an interview, then we’d require additional confirmation of your exact number of shadowing hours. Please let us know if you have any further questions.

Hope that helps.

Same here. I emailed the admissions office and this was their reply:

Thanks for writing. If the dentist is listed in your shadowing history, for more than 30 hours, then you will be OK for the initial screening. If we do invite you for an interview, then we’d require additional confirmation of your exact number of shadowing hours. Please let us know if you have any further questions.

Hope that helps.

Oh okay!! Good news. Thanks for the input everyone... :)