My FL scores are scaring me

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Chromatic543

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So today is the 20th of August and my MCAT is on the 10th of September, which means I do not have a lot of time left! I have been studying since the 10th of June and so far I have taken 5 FL's. I took these FL's in the order presented and here they are:

The Berkeley Review FL #2: 502
The Berkeley Review FL #1 502, but higher raw score than first FL
The Berkeley Review FL #3 502, but higher raw score than both first and second FL
EK 1: 50%
EK 2: 54% (scored nine questions higher than first EK FL)

I am still planning on taking EK 4, AAMC FL unscored, AAMC FL scored, and The Berkeley Review FL #4. I am starting to get scared, and I don't know what to do. I don't know how my scores would compare if I took the real MCAT right now. I seem to have a lot more time on The Berkeley Review compared to EK FL, and it is because I think I spend more time analyzing the data. I definitely get at least 20 more questions right on The Berkeley Review's MCATS.

I don't know what MCAT score I should be aiming for, but I am mostly going to apply Osteopathic (DO).

Members don't see this ad.

If you can bring your scores up to a 504-505 you'll be just fine for DO. I would take the AAMC scored as soon as possible.

If you can bring your scores up to a 504-505 you'll be just fine for DO. I would take the AAMC scored as soon as possible.

From the FLs I have remaining (EK FL 4, TBR FL 4, AAMC unscored, AAMC scored) I should go for the AAMC scored before any of the other three?

From the FLs I have remaining (EK FL 4, TBR FL 4, AAMC unscored, AAMC scored) I should go for the AAMC scored before any of the other three?

Hard to say but if you wait until last minute to take it and don't do well on the scored you'll likely have to push your test date back. I think taking the AAMC scored around 2 weeks before the official test is a good idea. Maybe do EK FL 4 and AAMC unsecured sometime this week and see where you stand?