My Next 4 Years.. Help!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wsbkp08

15+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I mean the following statement in absolutely no disrespect whatsoever and I apologize in advance if I do offend you. BUUUT in reference to your point #7, the majority of pharmacy schools in the West coast from what I've seen have a Asian>other ethnicities population if that helps your decision at all. :p

EDIT: Btw I am Asian as well

Members don't see this ad :)
I need some serious feedbacks here......
:(

OK, in all seriousness, I think you have already answered your own question.
From what I see PCOM is the way to go for you. NDM was your #1 choice BEFORE you went to the PCOM facilities, their academic calendar cycles etc etc. At this point, it really is just a personal decision. What would I pick if I were in your situation? PCOM.

I am just curious though, what were your stats when you applied? I'm thinking of applying to NDM as well...

OK, in all seriousness, I think you have already answered your own question.
From what I see PCOM is the way to go for you. NDM was your #1 choice BEFORE you went to the PCOM facilities, their academic calendar cycles etc etc. At this point, it really is just a personal decision. What would I pick if I were in your situation? PCOM.

I am just curious though, what were your stats when you applied? I'm thinking of applying to NDM as well...

My stats are really low.. lol I dont want to depress other ppl's feeling by saying it. BC its really low. haha I'll PM you if I get my acceptance letter :)
I think my hard life helped me out.. lol
when are you going to apply?

anyways..
so I got PCOM vote #1..
I am a type of person who really have hard time deciding stuff so I need ppl's contribution here!!

OP, you say you hate physiology?

I always thought an understanding of physiology was integral to studying pharmacy. Am I missing something here? Someone please correct me if I am mistaken!

OP, you say you hate physiology?

I always thought an understanding of physiology was integral to studying pharmacy. Am I missing something here? Someone please correct me if I am mistaken!

Well.. more than hating physio, I have taken physio in pharm sci level. So since I already have taken it, I just dont want to take it again.

Well.. more than hating physio, I have taken physio in pharm sci level. So since I already have taken it, I just dont want to take it again.

Then it should be an easy A? I don't get it....

I can't say I truly like your answer, but I feel ya.

Now to try and respond to your question. Since you've already been accepted and paid your deposit at PCOM you know for certain you'll be attending pharmacy school in the fall. Congrats! When you hear back from NDM, and assuming you get accepted, then you should start worrying more about this dilemma of yours.

If I were in your shoes I would not only think about the facilities, but also how I felt throughout the entire experience at each school, and whether or not those emotions would allow me to succeed at said program. When I got my second acceptance, I already knew that it was the school I wanted to attend for various reasons. Mostly because I could easily picture myself in the setting and working with the people I encountered while there.

As for feeling "bad" about not going to a school after paying the deposit; don't. That's only a small piece out of the big pie for you. So the school got a little extra money, and they will certainly find another candidate to fill the seat.

Finally, there are always the "what ifs" in life. Never dwell on those. Always look forward!

Fulfill all of the NDM requirements b/c it is your #1 choice. Don't turn down PCOM b/c it's your safety. Don't feel guilty about leaving them your deposit; a waitlister will be thrilled when you turn them down.

Could u share ur background with us if u don't mind? Thanks.

p.s. I'm asian, too ;)

Anyone?
so I can give up my spot and give other people more chance?
I'll just type few opinions about schools anyways

NDM
-closer to home
-More Asians?
-Semester (have more breaks)
-Older school
-was my first choice
PCOM
-trisemester- can do work more efficiently?
-got accepted here first

I feel like they are both great schools.
But I am a type of a person who thinks a lot so I need ppl's input here
I need ppl's recommendation and if people who are attending these school can give some inputs it would be great!

It sounds to me you're leaning towards NDM. It was also your first choice. Have you looked at tuition costs? I don't think guilt should be a driving factor in your decision. Many people get accepted to one school then later choose to attend another.

Anyone?
so I can give up my spot and give other people more chance?
I'll just type few opinions about schools anyways

NDM
-closer to home
-More Asians?
-Semester (have more breaks)
-Older school
-was my first choice
PCOM
-trisemester- can do work more efficiently?
-got accepted here first

I feel like they are both great schools.
But I am a type of a person who thinks a lot so I need ppl's input here
I need ppl's recommendation and if people who are attending these school can give some inputs it would be great!

It sounds like you're trying to find people to convince you to go to PCOM. It sounds like NDM is the better choice for the reasons you have listed. And an acceptance is an acceptance, doesn't matter whether you got it first or last.