My plan / Pre med online

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SupremeApe

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone. I'm currently an enrolled freshman with Excelsior College and in two weeks I'll be taking courses online to meet the requirements of their Associate degree program (Liberal Arts/Science). Once I complete that, I hope to be able to transfer to a regular university and when I'm a sophomore, I hope to get into Icahn School of Medicine's Flex Med program. I contacted the admissions office over at Icahn to see if online courses was acceptable and to my surprise they didn't have a problem with it. If you guys would give me advice/encouragement on this dark, scary path (lol), I'd really appriciate it. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Oh yeah, I will be taking most of the pre reqs online. I wasn't at first because I knew most of the science pre reqs come with lab, but my advisor told me I'd be able to take the labs online as well.

One more thing...what do you guys think about "Intro to Psychology" ? Would this course benefit anyone taking the pre med path?

Psychology is going to become a pre-req soon so yeah, it would benefit you to take it. Also, the idea of an online "lab" is ridiculous.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
How many prereqs do you plan to take online? I'd suggest waiting to take some of them until you transfer into a regular university.

Reactions: 1 user
If you plan to take all the pre-reqs online then I would suggest you plan to take upper division courses in all of those subjects once you get to a 4-yr institution.

Reactions: 1 user