My Predicament - where to live??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

notsittinpretty

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Alright...so i just began looking for apartments in Philadelphia. Currently i am accepted at Drexel and high priority waitlisted at Jefferson. If I get into Jefferson I am definitely, w/o a doubt going to matriculate. As you may or may not know, Drexel is located in a small suburb outside of Philly (east falls) and jefferson is located in the heart of center city philadelphia. My problem is i don't know where to look for apartments. If I were certainly attending drexel, i would probably look for apartments in east falls or nearby suberbs (manyunk, chestnut hill, etc). But if i commit to living here and then get accepted into jefferson, it would be a real pain in the butt to commute every morning to jefferson's campus. On the other hand, if I choose to live in or around center city philadelphia on the assumption that i may get into jefferson, it would be a pain in the butt to commute out to east falls if in fact i don't get accepted to jefferson. I'm living with two other people and they are really starting to get annoyed at my indecision. Does anyone else have this problem?? What are you guys doing about it?

Members don't see this ad.

Did you know there's a Drexel shuttle that runs from Center City (at the Hahnemann campus) to East Falls like every ten minutes? It's a fifteen minute trip. I'm starting at Drexel this year, and I'm still going to live in Center City (where I've lived for the last year) and just take this shuttle. I really don't wanna live in East Falls- even thought it's NOT a suburb, as seems to be the common impression- it still sucks. I say live in Center City and then it'll be easy to go either Jeff or Drexel. :thumbup:

Do you mind if i ask where you live now?

Members don't see this ad :)
I live in a really nice apt. that's a couple blocks away from Hahnemann Hospital (where the shuttle leaves). I'm definitely staying there for next year. You could walk to Jeff from where I am- it's like ten blocks away.

You don't happen to know the name of any apartment complexes/towers around there or rittenhouse sq?

Oooh the Rittenhouse area is awesome.

You can probably find someone to lease from who owns several apartment complexes-one near Drexel and one near Jefferson. Make a deal with them to lease near Drexel with the understanding that if you get the Jefferson acceptance that your lease will transfer to another of their properites close to
Jefferson. Get it in writing!