my situation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pupsingh

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ok so i graduated undergrad from a UC with a 3.10 overall and 2.77 science gpa. I have a 19 academic average.

So i knew i had to work on that gpa so i decided to take classes at state university through open university.

Fall semester here are my results:

Biochemistry II: A
Molecular Genetics: A
Physiology Lab: A-
Health Professions colloquiem: A

Spring semester I am taking:

Physiology of Human Reproduction
Neurophysiology
Cancer biology
Dental Internship

im pretty sure that i will be able to make all A's again.

Now my question is, after this year of getting straight A's in post bacc all science classes, if it gets my sci gpa over 3.0 will I have a decent shot? just to let you guys know, I was a psych major in undergrad so the only science classes i took were the basic pre reqs. So i guess that means my sci gpa is easier to raise with post bacc work

Members don't see this ad.

your situation is starting to look as good as the washboard abs on THE situation! keep up the good work!

your situation is starting to look as good as the washboard abs on THE situation! keep up the good work!

u really think so even with that 2.77 undergrad sci gpa? or did you just want to make a jersey shore reference?

Members don't see this ad :)
u really think so even with that 2.77 undergrad sci gpa? or did you just want to make a jersey shore reference?

If your getting all A's it will raise above 2.77....

Also if you are dominating upper div. sci courses, yes of course you have a decent shot.

The reason they care about sci gpa so much is to see if you can handle the rigor of Dental school curriculum...

i'm happy to see that you're still keeping up on pop culture with all that studying. and yes, every time i see the word "situation" now, i feel the need to crack a joke. but really, mine came out to just over a 3.0 for science, and i got into 2 schools (i was a psych major too). just keep working hard and make sure it gets there!