My Study Plan (Any advice appreciated)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

thewonderer8

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, this is my study plan for content review (I am self studying). I will be officially starting my studying Sunday 05/17/15 for my MCAT date of 09/12/15:

Following MCATJelly's infinite wisdom, EK 9th is my primary source of content review. I have a pretty strong background in general chemistry and organic chemistry. Physics has always been a weakness but I've taken 2 semesters recently so I know the basics. Biochemistry I have also taken but it's been a year so I need a major review. As for Psychology and Sociology, I know nothing haha. Never taken those courses.

Psychological, Social, and Biological Foundations of Behavior
EK 9TH + look up terms not in EK based on the outline + The Princeton Review + Khan Academy videos

Biological and Biochemical Foundations of Living Systems
TBR (bio 2 book, which is the primary study material for this section) + EK 9TH + Khan Academy videos + Read Biochem PubMed PLOS ONE Scientific Journal articles

Critical Analysis and Reasoning Skills (CARS)
2 passages a day from Princeton and Examkrackers and Khan Academy + Reading The Economist articles daily and in my free time.

Chemical and Physical Foundations of Biological Systems
EK 9TH + Khan Academy videos

As for practice material and questions:

AAMC FL
AAMC Official Guide 120 questions
EK FL's
EK 30 minute exams
Khan Academy passages and questions
TBR/TPR passages and questions for Biochem and Psych/Socio respectively

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
For CARS, I'd look at one or two AAMC passages as well. Specifically the ones from the AAMC question Packs vol 1 and 2. Those should not only be done early but should be studied daily. The AAMC question pack passages are a combination of older AAMC exams, so those would work too if you had them. Don't neglect the importance of learning the pattern of the exam: what they like to ask, how they ask it, etc.

Also, when reading any passage or article, at the end you should ask yourself why the author wrote the passage/article and how the author felt about what they wrote.

Members don't see this ad :)