Army MyEras: Do I select NMS or NRMP?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Do I select that I am going to participate in the NMS or NRMP match?

Specifically it says... "I plan to participate in the NMS Match ( ) Yes ( ) No" and then another for NRMP.

Sorry for my ignorance but I guess I was thinking MyEras was self inclusive (had everything needed to do the match)... I don't plan on applying through either one of those matches unless something bad happens... so should I put No? I haven't registered with those programs and don't know anything about them.

Sorry about my ignorance. I know this is probably pretty basic for non military matches.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

NMS is the AOA/DO match, while NRMP is the ACGME/MD match (and DOs if they plan to participate).

You can indicate which one you would apply to if you get a civilian deferment. At this point, you don't need to do anything else besides clicking "yes" on one of the options because you don't need to register to submit ERAS.

However, if you get civilian deferment for residency or PGY1, then you need to register with one of these to participate in the actual match. It's a separate registration, but you will put your info into ERAS once you register. You will use NMS or NRMP to make your actual match list when/if the time comes.