Name Change in middle of the cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CleverThought

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

Happy AADSAS opening day! I'm getting married in July and will be changing my last name. Am I able to update in AADSAS after I submit?

Members don't see this ad.

bump. Can anyone help? Should I just wait to submit until the name change is official and legal?

just submit under your current name then when you get them acceptances tell whichever school you enroll at that you got married and changed your name.

Members don't see this ad :)
just submit under your current name then when you get them acceptances tell whichever school you enroll at that you got married and changed your name.

This seems like the best way to go. :thumbup:

Any more advice on this one? I just got married after completing my secondaries and registering for one interview date. For those of you that waited until enrollment to say you changed your name, was the school OK with that? I wouldn't want them to think I lacked initiative, I just figure it saves us both the headache of changing things. I was thinking about only letting school know as they invite me for an interview. No sense in bothering schools with the change if I am not going to get an interview anyway.

Also, if you waited, I assume you didn't change your drivers license and SS card until you were accepted as well?