NAPLEX 2nd time around

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AnneInOregon

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
For those of you who had to take the NAPLEX a second time, what was it like? I didn't pass back in July and will be retaking this month and was curious if it was different....did it have a lot of questions I missed last time... was it harder... etc. I appreciate any advice you have to give. THANKS for responding

Members don't see this ad.

Dont you have to wait 3 months before being able to take it again?

For those of you who had to take the NAPLEX a second time, what was it like? I didn't pass back in July and will be retaking this month and was curious if it was different....did it have a lot of questions I missed last time... was it harder... etc. I appreciate any advice you have to give. THANKS for responding

Members don't see this ad :)

AnneInOregon,
I took the Naplex at the end of July and unfortunately didn't pass it the 1st time also. I'm eligible to retake it at the end of October, but I'm not sure how the re-taking process works. Do you pay for the Naplex now, and then wait for them to send you a new ATT? How soon can you schedule it once you're eligible again (exactly 3 months from when you took it?)

I'm also curious as to how different the content of the retake will be compared to the 1st test. Good luck with the Naplex this second time around!

AnneInOregon,
I took the Naplex at the end of July and unfortunately didn't pass it the 1st time also. I'm eligible to retake it at the end of October, but I'm not sure how the re-taking process works. Do you pay for the Naplex now, and then wait for them to send you a new ATT? How soon can you schedule it once you're eligible again (exactly 3 months from when you took it?)

I'm also curious as to how different the content of the retake will be compared to the 1st test. Good luck with the Naplex this second time around!

I had to register with NABP and submit some more paperwork and $ to my local board of pharmacy. NABP will contact my BOP and after NABP gets the ok from BOP they will send me another ATT letter. At that time I can go in to PearsonVue and sign up for my test.

I just received news today that I passed the Naplex! I failed twice, before passing. I am a foreign graduate, so it was a bit difficult for me, but I was able to pass with flying colors. I used PASSNAPLEXNOW this time around, and it really worked wonders for me. I have the two course books (Version 14), and the quiz book if anyone would like to purchase them. The course books basically contain all the info of the lectures, in paragraph form. I haven't even touched the books, they're still in the box they came in. They're all in new condition. If anyone wants them, just let me know.
Hi Jim,
That's fantastic! Congratulations!! Is PASSNAPLEXNOW all you used? I also took the live course recently. Did you get a lot of math questions? How did you study for math? I am scheduled to take my exam in two weeks.

I was in the same situation, I took the NAPLEX in June and unfortunately did not pass. I feel like my biggest mistakes the first time were not thoroughly reviewing math...HUGE mistake! So, the second time around what I did differently was reviewed the math thoroughly and practiced calculations about an hour a day, got the Rx prep Q&A bank and did the quizzes, and read through the book again. Taking it the second time around, I felt like it was a lot easier (probably because I was over prepared this time) and calculations went A LOT better and I felt more confident in the math portion. After the test, I was freaking out a little bit because I felt like my questions were "easy" and I didn't have a lot of hard questions/disease states, and everyone says the harder it is the better you're doing. But even though I thought my test was too easy or not hard enough I passed by a wide margin!
I know this post is late but I hope it is helpful to you/anyone who is preparing for NAPLEX again. Just work hard and I'm sure you'll do great!! Good luck! :)