NAPLEX and MPJE Scores/Results for Washington state

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bcr1652

Accepted Pharmacy Student
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I took the NAPLEX on Friday, July 19th, 2013 and Washington state MPJE on Monday, July 22nd, 2013. Washington state is my primary jurisdiction. I just realized they don't post NAPLEX/MPJE scores online, which really sucks! :mad:

Based on anyone's experience with applying for licensing in Washington, does anybody know how soon does Washington state notify people of scores and also, how will I be notified?

Members don't see this ad.

I took my NAPLEX Friday the 12th and got my score emailed to me Thursday morning the 18th at 7am.

I took my MPJE on Friday the 19th and am still waiting, but I'd like to say I will hear by this Thursday, just like last week.

I believe they get the score on Wednesday, because I score transferred to Oregon and I received fingerprint cards and a dated letter from them on the 17th saying they received my score and I passed. So you can call the board on Wednesday if you are really pressed to know I suppose!

It's nicer than Oregon, because Washington emails. Oregon just does everything by mail.

I took the NAPLEX on Friday, July 19th, 2013 and Washington state MPJE on Monday, July 22nd, 2013. Washington state is my primary jurisdiction. I just realized they don't post NAPLEX/MPJE scores online, which really sucks! :mad:

Based on anyone's experience with applying for licensing in Washington, does anybody know how soon does Washington state notify people of scores and also, how will I be notified?

I took my NAPLEX Friday the 12th and got my score emailed to me Thursday morning the 18th at 7am.

I took my MPJE on Friday the 19th and am still waiting, but I'd like to say I will hear by this Thursday, just like last week.

I believe they get the score on Wednesday, because I score transferred to Oregon and I received fingerprint cards and a dated letter from them on the 17th saying they received my score and I passed. So you can call the board on Wednesday if you are really pressed to know I suppose!

It's nicer than Oregon, because Washington emails. Oregon just does everything by mail.

Thank you for the response! Based on your experience, I do hope to at least get my NAPLEX score sometime this week. Already getting impatient; I have to keep busy. *crossing fingers*

Last edited:
so i passed both of my exams but i am still waiting on the washington bop to process my fingerprints....they said it could take several weeks-months. i hate them. i wish i could sue them for loss of wages. i passed almost 3 weeks ago and still have no license. and i call them on the regular, im sure they hate me, but the squeaky wheel gets the oil, as ive been told.

and i call and some of these people are so incompetent. they said they mailed my fingerprint cards at the beginning of june (this was the end of july) and i never received them. they said they would mail out that day, when i didnt get them 2 days later, i called...they never mailed them. and wouldnt let me drive the 2.5 hours to olympia to pick them up or drop them off if i got them completed. i think it has something to do with everything being under the department of health. im so frustrated and POOR!!

Members don't see this ad :)

Wow! I commend you! how did you study for the MPJE? Did you read of 400 pages Fasset user guide in 3 days? I'm taking the MPJE for WA soon so any advice for it would be greatly appreciated! thanks!

Haha. No, I did NOT read the entire Fassett guide in three days. I gave myself about a month to study the NAPLEX AND the Washington MPJE. I studied a few days a week to study for the NAPLEX and reserved some days of the week to study for the Washington MPJE. For the MPJE, I used the Fassett's guide, this weblink from University of Washington School of Pharmacy: http://sop.washington.edu/pharmacy/pharm-544/qaa-from-previous-years-pharm-544.html, and questions from pharmacyexam.com, which you must pay for (you can order a CD or download to your computer). Some of the questions from pharmacyexam.com are somewhat similar to what they may ask on the MPJE, so it's a helpful review of the law material.

Wow! I commend you! how did you study for the MPJE? Did you read of 400 pages Fasset user guide in 3 days? I'm taking the MPJE for WA soon so any advice for it would be greatly appreciated! thanks!

Reactions: 1 user
Haha. No, I did NOT read the entire Fassett guide in three days. I gave myself about a month to study the NAPLEX AND the Washington MPJE. I studied a few days a week to study for the NAPLEX and reserved some days of the week to study for the Washington MPJE. For the MPJE, I used the Fassett's guide, this weblink from University of Washington School of Pharmacy: http://sop.washington.edu/pharmacy/pharm-544/qaa-from-previous-years-pharm-544.html, and questions from pharmacyexam.com, which you must pay for (you can order a CD or download to your computer). Some of the questions from pharmacyexam.com are somewhat similar to what they may ask on the MPJE, so it's a helpful review of the law material.
I am from out of state and will be moving to the Seattle area within the next 3 months. What is the Fasset guide you mentioned? Is this something I can purchase online (nothing came up with a search on Amazon). What is the job market in Seattle like for retail pharmacist positions right now? Any additional advice about the Washington MPJE is appreciated!

If you have been browsing around the message boards here regarding the Washington state MPJE, it's a PDF file that can be easily viewed online.

"Washington Pharmacy Law: A User's Guide" by William E Fassett of Washington State University: http://sop.washington.edu/images/st..._Washington_Pharmacy_Law_Users_Guide_2011.pdf

It's about 450 pages. I found it more easier to read/navigate than the official Washington State Pharmacy Law Book. FYI: It's a 2011 edition, and I couldn't find any updates to this file.

I am from out of state and will be moving to the Seattle area within the next 3 months. What is the Fasset guide you mentioned? Is this something I can purchase online (nothing came up with a search on Amazon). What is the job market in Seattle like for retail pharmacist positions right now? Any additional advice about the Washington MPJE is appreciated!

Hey I have a good summary of the Fassett study guide for this year (under 25 pages I believe). I took it and passed it on the first try. I would like to sell it for $97. Please PM if you are interested. Thanks.

Hey. I'm taking my oregon MPJE soon. I was wondering if you can give me any advice in how to study for it? I was wondering if you have any study materials? I'm willing to pay for them. Any advice? Thanks in advance.

took WA MPJE 2 days ago, and I got my result today. I passed!!!
How long does it take for WA board to issue the license? I just called and they said it might take a few weeks.

Hi BO5T1N6,
Congratsssss,,, I just got my results today too and I PAAAASSSSSEEEEDDDD! Yaaaaayyyy!!!!!

BTW, you can have a temporary license issued :) I think you have to fill in an application online and you pay a fee,,, My husband deals with all the paperwork... I'll double check with him and will be back to you if you hadn't found out by then...

Congrats!!! I'm still waiting for them to do the final review. How do I request for the temporary license? Did you get yours yet? They told me it may take a few more days to send me the license, and I don't know if it's worth it to request a temporary one now.

Does anyone know how long it takes to get the license after Naplex and MPJE results are sent to Washington State DOH?