NAPLEX CPJE experience 2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RxBear

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Since I'm not allowed to talk about the exams, i'll share how I studied for the exams.

For NAPLEX I think if you studied the RxPrep book, it should be enough. Calculations showed up toward the end of my exam, so make sure you save enough time to do calculations. Since there are 185 questions, you can afford a good amount of wrong answers.

I took CPJE about 1 week after Naplex. CPJE questions were very straight forward. You either know or you don't know. Please study for Brand Generics. You might know the generic name and all about the drug but if you don't know the brand name, you won't be able to pick the right answer. The Sample CPJE questions on board's website is pretty much the same style as the real one. I can't tell you what to study because it is unpredictable. Each student will get different questions. The one I took was heavily retail based. I did not buy the weissman book. I studied notes from other students. I looked at The script and Self-assessment forms. For clinical, I just reviewed my Naplex notes. When I didn't know the answer to some of the law questions I was able to eliminate the wrong answers. I felt pretty bad after I took CPJE. I knew right away that I missed 15 questions after I took it. But in the end I scored more than enough to pass. I just want to let the students know that it's normal to feel bad after the exam. If you did well in pharmacy school, the chances are you probably passed.

God bless you.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Congratulations!!!!! How long did it take to receive your CPJE results?

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
I got my Cpje results in about 29 days. I got a 61. Disappointed.
The worst thing is definitely the waiting... How did you study for it? Maybe people here can give some input. But for now, just let it go, and tell yourself next time will definitely be the time! Wish you all the best.

Reactions: 1 users
Thank you so much anofoyu for the kind words and encouragement. I studied from rxprep only. Don't know how to start over again.

@RxBear, when you said you looked at the self assessment forms.... What are those? Where can I get that to prepare for the test again?

anyone looking for a study buddy / partner for CPJE located in SoCal? i'm in korea town of los angeles and please let me know if you are interested!! I GOT ALL RXPREP AND PASSNAPLEXNOW 2015 REVIEW MATERIALS :hello:!!!

Does anybody have law lecture notes from the law classes of college of pharmacies in California in PDF or MSword format? That would be most helpful.

Thanks. I guess I will further delay my score because I am in the process of moving :/

anyone looking for a study buddy / partner for CPJE located in SoCal? i'm in korea town of los angeles and please let me know if you are interested!! I GOT ALL RXPREP AND PASSNAPLEXNOW 2015 REVIEW MATERIALS :hello:!!!
Hey Nlua! did you find passnaplexnow helpful for the CPJE?

Since I'm not allowed to talk about the exams, i'll share how I studied for the exams.

For NAPLEX I think if you studied the RxPrep book, it should be enough. Calculations showed up toward the end of my exam, so make sure you save enough time to do calculations. Since there are 185 questions, you can afford a good amount of wrong answers.

I took CPJE about 1 week after Naplex. CPJE questions were very straight forward. You either know or you don't know. Please study for Brand Generics. You might know the generic name and all about the drug but if you don't know the brand name, you won't be able to pick the right answer. The Sample CPJE questions on board's website is pretty much the same style as the real one. I can't tell you what to study because it is unpredictable. Each student will get different questions. The one I took was heavily retail based. I did not buy the weissman book. I studied notes from other students. I looked at The script and Self-assessment forms. For clinical, I just reviewed my Naplex notes. When I didn't know the answer to some of the law questions I was able to eliminate the wrong answers. I felt pretty bad after I took CPJE. I knew right away that I missed 15 questions after I took it. But in the end I scored more than enough to pass. I just want to let the students know that it's normal to feel bad after the exam. If you did well in pharmacy school, the chances are you probably passed.

God bless you.

Hey rxbear or anyone,

Was The Script and the assessment forms super helpful for the exam? Also, I was wondering if you read the Health Notes on the CA BOP website since it's stated in the bulletin-- do you suggest it? I'm running out of time and might not read that. Any advice would be great. Thanks in advance!

hi everyone
I am taking my cpje in one week. and i was wondering did any one get any complicated math problems??
things like PN calculations, electrolytes or vitamins calculations??
I can't seem to remember it all.
thanks