Naplex Experience 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PillPusher86

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Got out of that test and can finally breathe...just waiting on scores now and wanted to give you folks what I found to be good resources. The SDN math questions were a great resource and WAY more than you need for the test. I was out of there in 3.5 hours.

Naplex flashcards on quizlet were great. I went through Rxprep front to back to at least get exposed to everything (not that it all stuck) but these notecards hit on some great detail.

https://quizlet.com/133389494/flashcards

Don't stress too much on HIV or Chemo, it could have just been my pool of questions but didnt have more than 10 total on those two subjects. Best advice I can give is to know your calculations, must have had abut ~30/180 were math questions and I only studied that for about a week before.

Last, and maybe most importantly, the test provides lab values INCLUDING common drug serum levels (theophylline, digoxin, phenobarb, etc.) so no need to study. Good luck everyone!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Got out of that test and can finally breathe...just waiting on scores now and wanted to give you folks what I found to be good resources. The SDN math questions were a great resource and WAY more than you need for the test. I was out of there in 3.5 hours.

Naplex flashcards on quizlet were great. I went through Rxprep front to back to at least get exposed to everything (not that it all stuck) but these notecards hit on some great detail.

Don't stress too much on HIV or Chemo, it could have just been my pool of questions but didnt have more than 10 total on those two subjects. Best advice I can give is to know your calculations, must have had abut ~30/180 were math questions and I only studied that for about a week before.

Last, and maybe most importantly, the test provides lab values INCLUDING common drug serum levels (theophylline, digoxin, phenobarb, etc.) so no need to study. Good luck everyone!

I hope you have good news and passed!! Would you change anything about how you studied? In taking it in 10 days and freaking out.

Thank you for ur advice!
In terms of math, pharmacokinetics, and RR/HR type calculations we have to memorize the equations? Or is it provided?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you for ur advice!
In terms of math, pharmacokinetics, and RR/HR type calculations we have to memorize the equations? Or is it provided?

Thanks!

First off, understand that each test is unique so I can't say that there won't be any pharmacokinetics on YOUR exam but...I had one question regarding PK but thats just me. You need to know your NNT, RR, RRR info. My last 15-20 questions were focused on evaluating primary literature. To answer the other question, there were 10-15 select all that apply throughout the test. I did find out I passed the other day. Good luck!

First off, understand that each test is unique so I can't say that there won't be any pharmacokinetics on YOUR exam but...I had one question regarding PK but thats just me. You need to know your NNT, RR, RRR info. My last 15-20 questions were focused on evaluating primary literature. To answer the other question, there were 10-15 select all that apply throughout the test. I did find out I passed the other day. Good luck!

Congrats on passing... what do you mean when you said your last 15-20 questions were on evaluating primary literature? Could you please expand on that? Thank you!

@PillPusher86 : Thank you for giving your tips. Congratulations!
Besides the quizlet like you wrote above, did you use any other member's flashcards on quizlet? Thanks for your help!

Congrats on passing... what do you mean when you said your last 15-20 questions were on evaluating primary literature? Could you please expand on that? Thank you!
Just that...I can't post specific questions but as I mentioned above, be sure to know how to calculate NNT, ARR, etc. and know what they mean. I feel like you can't over-prepare for this test. Refine your weaker areas and practice your calculations. I did not use any other quizlet cards or online Rxbank questions but that doesn't mean they wouldn't be helpful.

Good luck everyone!

Just that...I can't post specific questions but as I mentioned above, be sure to know how to calculate NNT, ARR, etc. and know what they mean. I feel like you can't over-prepare for this test. Refine your weaker areas and practice your calculations. I did not use any other quizlet cards or online Rxbank questions but that doesn't mean they wouldn't be helpful.

Good luck everyone!

Ahh okay... I understand now, I just didn't get your phrasing. Thanks for clarifying.

Congrats. did you get any biostats charts asking about interpretation other than the usual NNT or ARR?

Hi all! Just took the NAPLEX last week, found out I passed yesterday. I had a good amount of HIV/OnC (BSA calc) /Biostats (including using charts for interpretation)/ID and then just a lot of random information. It is do-able but I felt as though I failed when I left the exam. If you have RxPrep, I would take a look at the new video they put up for Biostatistics. My last 10-15 questions were on Biostats and the video definitely helped me solve those questions. I think the video is also up on YouTube under RxPrep!

Good luck to everyone!

Reactions: 1 user