NAPLEX Failure Imminent

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SpiritsUp

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just came back from taking the NAPLEX for the first time and am certain I failed. The month and half of (what I believed to be) hardcore studying was clearly not enough.
I was the penultimate "average" student during pharmacy school. I passed, but didn't soar through my exams. So I'm pretty sure I don't measure up to the typical SDN crowd.

Save for a couple questions I basically felt like I was guessing through the exam.
For some reason mine was mostly on HIV, Infectious Diseases, and antipsychotics. Also had a splattering of fill-in-the-blank math questions near the end.

I'm not sure what I hope to get out of posting this thread... sort of therapeutic for me to accept the loss and move on I guess. I'll come back to report my results later if they provide scores on a Saturday(?).

Time for a nap.

[EDIT]
PASSED! UNBELIEVABLE!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I am completely stressed out. I really don't know how to feel about the exam. My first half was crazy hard. I think I missed at least half of them. My second half was not as difficult but I still missed several of them, especially easy ones after I went back and checked my answers on some of them. I think I did okay on math overall, but I definitely missed both of my TPN questions that were fill in the blank. I'm really praying for a miracle when I find out my results. I just feel sick over knowing that I missed easy ones that I know I knew the answers to. I think I probably missed all of the questions that asked check all that apply. Ugh!!

I am completely stressed out. I really don't know how to feel about the exam. My first half was crazy hard. I think I missed at least half of them. My second half was not as difficult but I still missed several of them, especially easy ones after I went back and checked my answers on some of them. I think I did okay on math overall, but I definitely missed both of my TPN questions that were fill in the blank. I'm really praying for a miracle when I find out my results. I just feel sick over knowing that I missed easy ones that I know I knew the answers to. I think I probably missed all of the questions that asked check all that apply. Ugh!!
I sure hope you passed! Many people feel the same way after the exam and end up passing even with good scores. Hang in there!

Members don't see this ad :)
i don't think there's anyone who comes out of the NAPLEX who is confident that they did well! Read all the posts in here and see for yourself!

I didn't feel too good about my NAPLEX either, but I certainly passed. I am from California. You'd have to really be in the bottom 3-5% to fail. You may not get most questions right...but you only need a 75 to pass so keep that in mind!

Chances are you passed. So don't stress over it. I'm telling you you passed and I have a 95%+ of being correct =).

Cheer up everyone!

Two year later, I come back to this thread as a reminder that I should be grateful for what I have.

Good luck new grads!

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users