NAPLEX help for a foreign Pharmacist

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Zara00

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, I'm in a bit of a pickle and would really appreciate some help/advice.

I'm a qualified Pharmacist from the UK and have good hospital pharmacy experience. I came to the US (due to family issues) about four years ago. In this time I managed to pass the FPGEE and have also managed to fail the Naplex twice :(

The first time I sat the Naplex I was ill prepared, the 2nd time I studied from the Rxprep book and I also used some prontopass flash cards. Failing this exam has been a little depressing, especially as I thought that although I wouldn't of aced the exam, I did enough to pass. Now I am trying to study and sit this exam a third time, which is really getting to me! I have not failed one exam at uni so failing something twice is not fun! I have also had a baby within this time so finding time to study is proving to be a little difficult, and I have limited help.

I don't mean it sound whingy or anything but are there any tips or advice anyone can give me? I am planning to do the SDN 120 questions and also purchase the Rxprep quiz bank questions. Anyone looking for a study buddy in the NY area? Are there any types of Naplex revision courses being run in NY at any colleges, do pharmacy schools here do these kind of things?

Zara

Members don't see this ad.

I'm a qualified Pharmacist from the UK and have good hospital pharmacy experience. I came to the US (due to family issues) about four years ago. In this time I managed to pass the FPGEE and have also managed to fail the Naplex twice :(

The first time I sat the Naplex I was ill prepared, the 2nd time I studied from the Rxprep book and I also used some prontopass flash cards. Failing this exam has been a little depressing, especially as I thought that although I wouldn't of aced the exam, I did enough to pass. Now I am trying to study and sit this exam a third time, which is really getting to me! I have not failed one exam at uni so failing something twice is not fun! I have also had a baby within this time so finding time to study is proving to be a little difficult, and I have limited help.

I don't mean it sound whingy or anything but are there any tips or advice anyone can give me? I am planning to do the SDN 120 questions and also purchase the Rxprep quiz bank questions. Anyone looking for a study buddy in the NY area? Are there any types of Naplex revision courses being run in NY at any colleges, do pharmacy schools here do these kind of things?

Zara

Hey zara can you please send me your email address, I need to talk to you..

Zara

Hi Zara,
I am here in Hershey PA and interested in preparing for NAPLEX. I am also looking for a study group or partner. If you are interested then please send your Skype id in my inbox.

Thank you.
RK

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey Zara,
I'm on the same boat as you, just wondering, if u have any advise please share it with me ...