Naplex math question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Keyslost

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello wonderful people, I have a question regarding math. I understand that the NAPLEX will give us straightforward math questions like find crcl given these specific patient parameters. Will the patient profile questions require me to calculate crcl every time to find medications listed that may need to be decreased and/or d/c? This seems like a lot to do in such short time that each question is given. Plus to know all dosing reduction and all dosing range for every med available. Sorry if this was already asked or should be in a different thread all the similar threads were quite old that I found (years).

Members don't see this ad.

Hello wonderful people, I have a question regarding math. I understand that the NAPLEX will give us straightforward math questions like find crcl given these specific patient parameters. Will the patient profile questions require me to calculate crcl every time to find medications listed that may need to be decreased and/or d/c? This seems like a lot to do in such short time that each question is given. Plus to know all dosing reduction and all dosing range for every med available. Sorry if this was already asked or should be in a different thread all the similar threads were quite old that I found (years).
As of my experience in 2010, if you need to do math for a question, the math is 90-100% of the question. If a question wants you to realize someone has a low CrCl, they'll give them a crazy SCr like 3.1 so you don't need to do any calculations.