Naplex profile questions!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

2005pharmD

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Just wanted to get some advice from those who took the NAPLEX already. When you had a long patient profile did you 1)thoroughly go thru it first and then read the question and look at answer choices? Or did you 2)look at the question first and see what it wants and then look at the profile? Which is a better strategy? Given that time is an issue, I think number 2 might be a better option, granted you still view the profile with good attention after reading the question first! What do you think?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Read questions first. Might be simple question you know at first glance and may not need to look at profile at all.

Read questions first. Might be simple question you know at first glance and may not need to look at profile at all.

Sometimes the question is completely unrelated to the profile so you don't really have to read the whole profile. But other questions might seem simple until you realize there is an allergy, CI, lab value, etc that complicates things. I read the question then the profile and think it saved time. If you do this method, don't forget to look for the details that could make an answer more obvious/make the obvious answer wrong!

The exam requires you to scroll down the profile question before you can answer..it will reject your answer if you do not. The pharmacists notes are on the bottom,hidden until you scroll down, be sure to look at the pharmacists notes!!!!!

The exam requires you to scroll down the profile question before you can answer..it will reject your answer if you do not. The pharmacists notes are on the bottom,hidden until you scroll down, be sure to look at the pharmacists notes!!!!!

You do need to scroll before you submit your answer. It was helpful because every time it told me I hadn't scrolled all the way through, I double checked to make sure I didn't miss anything important. Of course the profile is absolutely irrelevant if you get a question like "What drug class is brand name XYZ?"