Naplex review for out-of-pharmacy for a long time dude

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Nuclear RPh

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I did 8 years of retail, 18 of nuclear, been out of pharmacy for 5 yrs....took Indiana Boards in 1980, pre-NABPLEX (note the 'B' haha)....and need to take NAPLEX soon.....looking for advice on best way to prepare for someone who has been out of the game for a while now.....I have the APhA Review, and am considering taking the RxPrep live course....I have downloaded the 120 Calculations floating around the site....any and all advice will be GREATLY appreciated!!!!

Members don't see this ad.

I've been out of school for 15 years and planning on moving out of CA. Texas is requiring that I take the NAPLEX since I received my CA RPh license prior to 2004. Ugh.

Should I bite the bullet and buy the Rxprep course? Would I be able to swing it with just the book? Can you other old folks add me to the study group list?
Thanks!

I've been out of school for 15 years and planning on moving out of CA. Texas is requiring that I take the NAPLEX since I received my CA RPh license prior to 2004. Ugh.

Should I bite the bullet and buy the Rxprep course? Would I be able to swing it with just the book? Can you other old folks add me to the study group list?
Thanks!

have you taken the prenaplex? should kinda give you an idea how you would do

No, haven't taken the prenaplex. Sounds like a good idea but I'm sure being so long out of school, it might be a waste at this point. I'm giving myself 9-10 months to study for the NAPLEX and then a good solid month for the MPJE. Maybe in a couple months I'll try the prenaplex.

Thanks for your reply!

Members don't see this ad :)

Thanks!

I pass my exams! if you are looking for something straight to the point, I would recommend pharm charts and weissmans. I have the pharm chart (2013 edition so doesn't have the new 2014 hypertension and lipid guidelines) and the latest weissman's law. Both are excellent for work as well.

pharm charts (clinical): http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pharmacy-Ch...2?pt=US_Texbook_Education&hash=item3cda0000d6

weissman's (law): http://www.amazon.com/Guide-Califor...d_sim_b_3?ie=UTF8&refRID=10EXRG08TPCTH5VWKF5A

PM me if you are interested!

I pass my exams! if you are looking for something straight to the point, I would recommend pharm charts and weissmans. I have the pharm chart (2013 edition so doesn't have the new 2014 hypertension and lipid guidelines) and the latest weissman's law. Both are excellent for work as well.

pharm charts (clinical): http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pharmacy-Ch...2?pt=US_Texbook_Education&hash=item3cda0000d6

weissman's (law): http://www.amazon.com/Guide-Califor...d_sim_b_3?ie=UTF8&refRID=10EXRG08TPCTH5VWKF5A

PM me if you are interested!

Which sections of the pharmcharts pertain to the CPJE? Or pretty much all of them? Thank you. I was planning on just using RxPrep, but I love charts, so I am considering buying pharmcharts now.

I starting a study group for people who have been out of pharmacy school for a while. PM me if interested
Hi, I am a foreign graduate preparing for NAPLEX these days. Would like to join your study group. thanks

I have been "out of the game" for almost 10 years. My husband and I are moving to Texas. I need to review. To those who have been out of pharmacy, what do you recommend?
I am also out of pharmacy school for a long time now and preparing for NAPLEX. Just wanted to take your advice, what material did u use? your advise is much appreciated.

I am a foreign graduate and have been out of pharmacy school for 15 years. I am now starting to prepare for NAPLEX. Looking for a good advice, which material should I use and has anyone used PassNaplexNow online lectures and their material? how are they? any advice is appreciated. thanks

have you taken the prenaplex? should kinda give you an idea how you would do

Just took the prenaplex after studying for a couple of months and scored a 107. The last 10 questions I answered blind because the images wouldn't load. Missed a few because of that, but feeling pretty confident now.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Hi: How are you guys? I really need your helps since I have failed the naplex/cpje twice already after studying apha and rxprep. I am not sure if PASSNAPLEX.COM prep-course is reliable and be able to help me to pass exam? If anyone actually took a prepcourse form passnaplexnow.com, please share your experience. the course is costly $1250, so I want to get more feedback. Also if you are recently took the naplex or cpje, and passed, can you share your studying experiences. I am not confident if my study methods anymore. Thank you and greatly appreciated.

Hi there,
I am in the same situation, how were you able to reapply to the exam? and what study materials did you use to better your chances.
I only studied with RxPrep, that is what pharmacy students suggested. but I am a foreign grad,

Thank you much for your insight

I am a foreign grad from Europe. I also didn't pass NAPLEX twice, still waiting for MPJE, but I don't think I got it.
Please let me know what I need to do to get over this. I don't know which school will let me take the 16 units classes...
I studied from RxPRep. Which material do I need to add to my studying to better my chances.

I really appreciate your insight,

Thank you

In actual NAPLEX test , were there any diseases background type questions like classification. For example classification of CHF, Cardiac Arrhythmias, physiology of diseases, pathophysiology of diseases stable angina, unstable angina, Bipolar disorder 1 , Bipolar 2.

Should I only focus on medicines which medicine in which disease, MOA, major toxicity , major interaction , drug of choice, important consultation points about medicines. What is the best approach to save time and focus on. If you have to take NAPLEX again with little or no time for study which approach would you prefer. Approach 1 combined with approach 2 or just approach 2 is enough for NAPLEX passing with flying colors.

With limited time I would forget about the classifications. Focus on major disease states and tx. Major toxicities and interactions. But I got little interaction questions. Mostly disease states and txs. Have the math down cold. Easy points there.

With limited time I would forget about the classifications. Focus on major disease states and tx. Major toxicities and interactions. But I got little interaction questions. Mostly disease states and txs. Have the math down cold. Easy points there.

what would you say are major interactions? warfarin?

I am a foreign grad from Europe. I also didn't pass NAPLEX twice, still waiting for MPJE, but I don't think I got it.
Please let me know what I need to do to get over this. I don't know which school will let me take the 16 units classes...
I studied from RxPRep. Which material do I need to add to my studying to better my chances.

I really appreciate your insight,

Thank you

Would you like a study partner. I'm in the same situation as you. Don't know what to do next? Perhaps we can study together via skype. Let me know.
Norma

just thought i would bump on this thread for people who have been out of the profession for a while now!

I know this is an old thread.
Koob and Emillie70, so how hard was it to reenter into the work force after out of practice for some years?
Thanks