Nasal Flu Mist not effective

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
It was never conclusively proven that polio was caused by a virus. The more likely candidate at the time was organophospate pesticides such as DDT.

You are impossible.

Also, DDT is not an organophosphate.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
It was never conclusively proven that polio was caused by a virus. The more likely candidate at the time was organophospate pesticides such as DDT. You can't sell a vaccine without a virus. I'm not going into this on this thread. I'll open another one later. I'll pick the lower hanging fruit such as the flu shot first.
OK a) yes it was conclusively proven. The fact that you doubt that is concerning. b) you can absolutely have a vaccine without a virus. For ****'s sake, diptheria and tetanus both are vaccines against a toxin. They don't protect against the pathogen itself, just the toxins they produce (which cause the problems).

Reactions: 1 users
OK a) yes it was conclusively proven. The fact that you doubt that is concerning. b) you can absolutely have a vaccine without a virus. For ****'s sake, diptheria and tetanus both are vaccines against a toxin. They don't protect against the pathogen itself, just the toxins they produce (which cause the problems).

I like to think unchained is the most successful troll ever, because if he or she is really a pharmacist and they are posting a sincere belief, it is just too sad to contemplate. So much just factually incorrect postings.

Having said that, I have worked with many healthcare professionals who didn't get the flu shot and in general had doubts or misgivings about vaccines.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Having said that, I have worked with many healthcare professionals who didn't get the flu shot and in general had doubts or misgivings about vaccines.
The flu shot is a tricky one because there are definitely years where it doesn't work which does hurt its credibility. I personally recommend to it everyone, but I'm not nearly as strict about it as I am the childhood vaccinations.

I think we need to define which healthcare professionals are concerned about vaccines outside of flu (and I'll even give up HPV). But I'm sorry, if you're a doctor/pharmacist/midlevel/someone who should know better and you're doubting things like MMR or polio vaccines (and expressing said doubts to your patients) I strongly believe you should be sanctioned. If you're a EKG tech in the ER, I care much less about your vaccine stance.

Reactions: 5 users
SCOTUS came back recently that pharmacists couldn't use religion as a reason for refusing (emergency) contraception. Think they could equally rule for something like vaccinations? I don't think there are pharmacists out there refusing to vaccinate but I would argue that sharing such opinions can be just as harmful in the wrong hands.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

SCOTUS came back recently that pharmacists couldn't use religion as a reason for refusing (emergency) contraception. Think they could equally rule for something like vaccinations? I don't think there are pharmacists out there refusing to vaccinate but I would argue that sharing such opinions can be just as harmful in the wrong hands.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

The only reason you don't generally see pharmacists refusing to vaccinate, is because most employers would terminate them for not doing their job. I don't know where/if unchained works as a pharmacist, but I think its safe to assume that s/he would refuse to vaccinate.