NAVY HPSP question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

duke2121

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I came here to read some things about the NAVY HPSP and now I am worried. I am applying to Dental school for the entering class of fall 2013. I'm I behind if i start the process for the navy scholarship this week?

Members don't see this ad.

If you will be starting dental school in 2013 (i.e. you just submitted your application to dental school) you are ahead of the curve as far as applying. The earlier the better, as long as you have your DAT scores they will probably start your application.

Members don't see this ad :)
If you will be starting dental school in 2013 (i.e. you just submitted your application to dental school) you are ahead of the curve as far as applying. The earlier the better, as long as you have your DAT scores they will probably start your application.

He speaks the truth. Start your application as soon as you have your DAT score report in hand.

The application process takes so long that you are better off completing everything else (physical, paperwork, interviews, motivational statement, background check form) and having it ready to submit immediately once you get your acceptance letter.

A lot of recruiters don't want to waste their time doing the interviews, paperwork, etc until a)they know you've passed the physical and b)are getting accepted/going to get accepted.
Work on getting past the biggest hurdle (the medical clearance), then score a lot of dental school interviews. Once you can tell a recruiter that you have 5-10 interviews lined up in the fall, they will take you a little more seriously. They wouldn't let me do my dentist interviews with the Navy until a week or so before my packet was ready, as to not "waste anyone's time".