PhD/PsyD Navy HPSP

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

xXIDaShizIXx

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So is there any one that is applying for the Navy Health Professions Scholarship Program? If so, which have you have gotten to the APSR (the motivational statement)? I'm done with everything else except this and the interview and was just wondering the best way to approach this. Any tips? Thanks guys!

Members don't see this ad.

The military exists in a rigid hierarchical structure. Given that you seeking to come in as an officer, discussing desire to serve as a leader would be important.

The military exists in a rigid hierarchical structure. Given that you seeking to come in as an officer, discussing desire to serve as a leader would be important.

Yeah I figured something like that obviously and then maybe tying in clinical psych as well? Because I am applying to be an officer and a scholarship recipient.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey. Most of the folks I work with came in under that scholarship program. Contact me off-line and I'll hook you up with a few recent grads who are just now getting commissioned.

Eric

Reactions: 1 user
Hey. Most of the folks I work with came in under that scholarship program. Contact me off-line and I'll hook you up with a few recent grads who are just now getting commissioned.

Eric

Do I need to PM you and are you in the Navy?

Wait?!? It is? But, I thought I was in charge. ;)

Mark will tell you that he was worked like a dog and beaten like a redheaded stepchild on internship.

Mark will tell you that he was worked like a dog and beaten like a redheaded stepchild on internship.

Well let's hear it then instead of beating around the bush.

ERG923 said:
Mark will tell you that he was worked like a dog and beaten like a redhead stepchild on internship.

Sounds like ERG923 was there, and yes, internship was an ass kicking for me. It was when I really hit the wall regarding my adhd, I finally had to get it treated, which in the end really helped me tremendously.

The internship at Portsmouth, and I don't know if they have changed it with regard to rigor, has taken out a few people.

Meanwhile , yours truly worked a leisurely 8 (ish) -430 schedule at a VA facility and often, used the psychometrist for testing. Do as I say, not as I do. Not sure how I got away with that.

Sounds like ERG923 was there, and yes, internship was an ass kicking for me. It was when I really hit the wall regarding my adhd, I finally had to get it treated, which in the end really helped me tremendously.

The internship at Portsmouth, and I don't know if they have changed it with regard to rigor, has taken out a few people.

After the internship have things gone more smoothly for you?

@Markp would it be possible to chat about hpsp off the forum? I am in the process of applying and have been trying to connect w navy psychologists. I enjoyed reading your comments!

So is there any one that is applying for the Navy Health Professions Scholarship Program? If so, which have you have gotten to the APSR (the motivational statement)? I'm done with everything else except this and the interview and was just wondering the best way to approach this. Any tips? Thanks guys!
I am on this part and I see you were an HPSP recipient, congrats! Any advice you could offer, Would you be willing to speak PM @xXIDaShizIXx

When you say "taken out " a few people, what do you mean? Weeded out? What's the worst part about it? Client load? Intense rotations? Poor supervision? Sleepless nights in the ER? Please share the details.