Navy hpsp

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

duke2121

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So, haven't been able to get a clear answer on this.
I hope to attend dental school in 2013, next year. I take the DAT in June. Should I contact the NAVY recruiter and get started on the application right after my DAT? Is June the right time to start the process?

Members don't see this ad.

I hope to attend dental school in 2013, next year. I take the DAT in June. Should I contact the NAVY recruiter and get started on the application right after my DAT? Is June the right time to start the process?

You should be applying for HPSP at the same time that you are applying to dental schools. Start the process as soon as you have your DAT scores in hand.

You should call your recruiter yesterday. It's never too early to start this process.

Members don't see this ad :)
You should call your recruiter yesterday. It's never too early to start this process.

The recruiter is not going to want to start your application until you have at least taken the DAT. The application process is a lot of work for them to do, so it is understandable that they would want you to wait until then so they can make sure you actually have a shot at getting into dental school.

I guess I'm applying to pod school, so admissions are different, but I'm going to MEPS before I get my MCAT score back.