Navy HSCP and ODS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

2000 Man

No Limits
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have a question about the Navy's HSCP program; From what I understand, while in school you are enlisted and paid at the E6 level. Then, when you graduate, you are commissioned to an O3. Now since you can't go to ODS until you are a comissioned officer when do you go? And if it is after you graduate, how does that affect starting residency? I would think that with ODS being 5 weeks you are going to miss your start date. Do you then have to wait out the year and start the following year?

Members don't see this ad.

I have a question about the Navy's HSCP program; From what I understand, while in school you are enlisted and paid at the E6 level. Then, when you graduate, you are commissioned to an O3. Now since you can't go to ODS until you are a comissioned officer when do you go? And if it is after you graduate, how does that affect starting residency? I would think that with ODS being 5 weeks you are going to miss your start date. Do you then have to wait out the year and start the following year?

Yes, you will have to wait until you graduate. Yes, it is likely to delay your start of internship. You will start a couple of weeks late (not a year late) . Yes, it is annoying, but there is nothing to be done.